Jailbreaking and Cydia Untrackerd question.

Lefterman

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I bought an iPad 2 A1396 a few days ago from a random guy at an incredible price and condition, and I supposed there's a high chance it was stolen. A couple days later, I learnt about the A-GPS and iCloud tracking thing which leads to arrests, so I kind of panicked and started searching, ending up jailbreaking and adding Cydia Untrackerd as an app, and now I am Guybrush Threepwood, a mighty pirate! :D

yea, well, how does this work now? Has everything in history been deleted this way? Can I restore this iPad with recovery and make an iCloud account of my own, using this device at its full potential without risking being caught as a thief?
I hope my post is appropriate, and thank you in advance!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You'd better tuck your tail and walk away from this forum quietly dude...
NOBODY at imore will help or support your illegal activities!
Most of us here are ienthusiasts and feel for the poor guy whose iPad you now have.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
and your father is a millionare king from Nigeria who wants to share his fortune??... This dude sounds like one of those guys.
You know your post is NOT appropriate.

Last edited:

Lefterman

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
3cit, do you suggest I hand this iPad to the Police and ask myself to be announced Knight..? If I didn't buy it, someone else would. Could you just tell me if you know anything about this? I 'm not asking to support anything illegal, I 'm asking to help me out because I 'm utterly frustrated!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
At the very least, make it abundantly clear to police you bought the device and identify to the police from whom you bought it. If you then proceed to use the device, and it turns up as stolen - you've protected yourself for potential criminal charges... and the device can get back to its rightful owner where it belongs.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
3cit, do you suggest I hand this iPad to the Police and ask myself to be announced Knight..? If I didn't buy it, someone else would. Could you just tell me if you know anything about this? I 'm not asking to support anything illegal, I 'm asking to help me out because I 'm utterly frustrated!

YOU'RE FRUSTRATED???
what about the guy who dropped $500-$800 bucks on that thing?

The ABSOLUTE NICEST thing I can say to you is piss off.
I hope someone breaks into your house and steals expensive electronics. I mean SOMEONE needs to be a victim...

Lefterman

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
YOU'RE FRUSTRATED???
what about the guy who dropped $500-$800 bucks on that thing?

The ABSOLUTE NICEST thing I can say to you is piss off.
I hope someone breaks into your house and steals expensive electronics. I mean SOMEONE needs to be a victim...

Well, you 're more frustrated than me, I 'll give you that. That I should become a victim too for buying something lost to another, you have some issues. So, if I decided to just sell this and get the "security" burden off me, should the next guy who buys it be punished too?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Dude.
Have you ever had anything stolen from you??
It's a traumatic, awful thing! I remember that when I was 5 somebody broke into
Our apartment and stole a microwave, a boom box and a television. And when i was twelve somebody stole my bike, and when I was 15 somebody stole a portable cd player from my car, and when I was 21 somebody stole my awesome glass 3foot "water pipe"
I remember each and everything that was ever stolen from me!
It sucks
And people like YOU who buy stolen **** just perpetuate the cycle.
You are as bad as the thief.
You're both criminals.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sad thing is Sounds like 75 percent of stuff that's on Craigslist

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Lefterman

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
3cit, yea, I have had things stolen from me, was it cash, clothes, a mobile phone, whatever. And yea, it does hurt especially if you love that thing, and I 'm not talking about damned electronics. But the thing is, the guy who DID the stealing is the ****head.

You 're implying that I shouldn't have bought that iPad, but that theory goes deep, resulting to all people being moral, etc. Yea, that would rock, that would be the best place to live. Anyway, I have done my part in this "vile" act, but I don't feel THAT bad for owning this device now. It would be better if the world had such petty crimes than others. You can be careful about these and avoid them anyway.

Getting out of this thread now, be well.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There's a type of person called a "last worder"
You know the person who always has to get the last word in...
I'm one of them...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2