Jailbroken IPHONE 3Gs 3.1.3 STUCK on apple logo - How to Restore WITHOUT losing data?

PlsHelpMe

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I'm not very "techy" so I would appreciate a complete idiot's guide on this, with links to appropriate app versions for Mac if needed. :p

So I took out my Iphone 3Gs yesterday to transfer my old pictures. Left it to charge for a few hours since it wouldn't turn on..when I got back it still had this low battery symbol while the charge cable was plugged in on my laptop. I was using a MacBook Pro 10.6.8 version if that matters, and my current Itunes didn't detect the phone either. I then pressed home and power button to restart but it just got stuck on the apple logo with a loading circle. How do I restore this without losing my old files/notepad etc?

Tried redsnow 0.9.4 and 0.9.6rc16 like in those youtube videos but it says ipsw not recognized after I put the phone on DFU Mode, when I try to Just Boot it. Tried surfing online for a solution but steps posted seems to be for Iphone 3Gs on newer versions. Not really interested in updating to a newer version either unless I can somehow do that without losing data.

Also not sure if this Iphone 3Gs is version 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 since it's been awhile since I last took this out.:p Hopefully the steps are the same for both versions?:confused: TIA

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's stuck in recovery try using tiny umbrella and kick it out of recovery .. If that don't work I think you will have to restore

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

PlsHelpMe

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your input! :) So I was trying some things today and it definitely switched on and froze up to this message --> "We apologize for the inconvenience, but springboard has just crashed. Mobile Substrate /did not/ cause this problem. It has protected you from it...." Now it's back to the apple symbol with the loading sign again! :(

Anyway, about what you said, I googled and found tons of tiny umbrella versions on this site --> TinyUmbrella, Download TinyUmbrella for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux to Save SHSH Blobs | iPhoneHeat

Which Mac version of tiny umbrella would work for Iphone 3Gs 3.1.3?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
All would work but I would download 5.1.1 Ipsw then use redsnow and make a custom 5.1.1 to save the baseband incase you want to use another carrier later .. After file is created open iTunes hold shift and press update and select the custom file .. Then you will save your data then just JB if you want using the absinthe JB

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR