Iphone 3gs 5.1.1 ios baseband 05.13.04 Stuck at No Service

nnvvdd

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have an iphone 3g but when I upgraded it from 3.1.3 ios in itunes to 5.1.1 it is being read as a 3gs ever since in all programs. It's definitely a 3g phone though.

Anyway, I downgraded from the ipad baseband to 05.13.04 and reinstalled mobile substrate as well as reinstalled ultrasn0w 1.2.7 and I still get no service when I put my tmobile sim card. I rebooted, reset network setting and have 3g turned off but still none of them worked.

Carrier reads as 12.0 and when I go to carrier network selection and turn off automatic, it doesnt generate a list of carriers either. It just returns to automatic on.

Please help? I don't know what else to do.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well a 3G only gos to 4.2.1 not 5.1.1
Second you can not downgrade from the 6.15.00 baseband and if you did somehow that is a huge issue as you prob bricked your modem firmware

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

gimmemore123

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
i'm interested in this answer too......because i have an 4.1 OS on iphone 3gs. baseband is 5.13.04.

tried unltrasnow....did not work at all. treid many times. upgraded cydia. tried again.

nothing.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
What is the devices serial number ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911,

I know your pretty sharp on this stuff, but were you aware of that baseband downgrade, does it work and is it safe to use?

I'm just interested to know, as I know the iPad baseband is a no go back procedure.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Peligro911,

I know your pretty sharp on this stuff, but were you aware of that baseband downgrade, does it work and is it safe to use?

I'm just interested to know, as I know the iPad baseband is a no go back procedure.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Everything I have ever been told is downgrading from that is a no go but I think redsnow did accomplish it so now you can safely ..

Best bet it check some sites do some homework before attempting anything ..

I don't do jb that often anymore so I kind of lost touch with some of the new developments of the do and donts lol

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i'm interested in this answer too......because i have an 4.1 OS on iphone 3gs. baseband is 5.13.04.

tried unltrasnow....did not work at all. treid many times. upgraded cydia. tried again.

nothing.

Update to 5.1.1 using custom ipsw to preserve your baseband if it is unlock able if not try downgrading it to a unlock able one then do the custom update to 5.1.1