3cit's battery drain thread

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 17245

Probably one of my best days. I have been using the phone heavily today (wifi on for about 18-20 hours today and edge network when connected to wifi and 3G when not. Location services off, brightness at 24% with auto brightness off, calendar sync off, mail fetch every 30 minutes, sent around a hundred messages/imessages, watched some youtube videos, streamed some music, at least 3 hours of music playback (1 hour on speaker while watering my lawn ), some browsing on chrome, and lots of facebooking. I have a lot of tweaks like ISX, Octopus keyboard, iControl, winterboard, etc that would be considered battery intensive, but today as a good day. I wanted to see how long my phone could last on one charge so i ill post a picture when it is fully dead.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So two days ago, I did moderate texting, about 2.5 hours of pandora / tunein radio over wifi, light Internet browsing about 45 mins of minecraft play and two Cydia downloads and 22 hours after full charge I had 34% battery...
Yesterday after Higher texts, and about 30 minutes of talk time , plus more minecraft, and a few Internet videos and I got my phone down to 10% battery about 13 hours after a full charge... But there was a lot of minecraft!!!
No lockinfo and no weathericon....
I'm adjusting, because I LOVED these... For now im getting by with bulletin....

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No offense to anyone in this thread but obsessing over battery life like this would drive me insane. I get what I get, use what I want, and spend my time thinking of other things. There's always going to be another percentage point to chase!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
View attachment 17245

Probably one of my best days. I have been using the phone heavily today (wifi on for about 18-20 hours today and edge network when connected to wifi and 3G when not. Location services off, brightness at 24% with auto brightness off, calendar sync off, mail fetch every 30 minutes, sent around a hundred messages/imessages, watched some youtube videos, streamed some music, at least 3 hours of music playback (1 hour on speaker while watering my lawn ), some browsing on chrome, and lots of facebooking. I have a lot of tweaks like ISX, Octopus keyboard, iControl, winterboard, etc that would be considered battery intensive, but today as a good day. I wanted to see how long my phone could last on one charge so i ill post a picture when it is fully dead.

seriously?? lol

i can tell you micro manage your device every waking moment. not very fun if you ask me

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been stock for a Total of 30 minutes.
I couldnt handle that.
Also I don't care about a few percentage points... I went from no battery issues at all to losing a full charge in 3 hours....
I'm back to where I was, minus LI and weathericon which I had before....

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
seriously?? lol

i can tell you micro manage your device every waking moment. not very fun if you ask me

I like my phone work for me instead of the other way around. Auto brightness is a drain on battery, so i use BatteryDoctorPro to keep it on 30%. Its pretty bright as it is. My radio auto switches thanks to iControl. I dont use 3G when my phones idle so it switches to 2G adnd saves me battery. Your phone is only as good as its features and i am willing to sacrifice some features to be able to use my phone how i want.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner