We need a Jailbreak for iOS6

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Like now, we have to have it.

Oh for cryin' out freakin loud... Really??? The Beta is out today - and you want it freakin' jailbroke already???

What are you smoking? :confused:

And for what it's worth - it seems the stock iOS6 features announced today cover what I jailbreak for... so - come release day for iOS6 - it's back to TeamPure!! :D

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes. We have to have it ASAP. We need to jump on that immediately. Preferably today.

Absinthe was good for a day but now it's completely irrelevant.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The DevTeam will likely begin to probe for vulnerabilities - but you are simply out of your Vulcan mind if you think something will be released to jailbreak iOS6 before it's publicly released - and will likely be several weeks after iOS6 is released in October.

Ceasing this needless hope of something you will never see will benefit you, and us - as we won't have to see it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Then you better get a developers account and get on it .. I cut you some slack I let you have till tomorrow to deliver lol

On a side not I doubt there will be a jb until ios6 is official because if not then apple will fix the exploit in betas

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't upgrade with Abstinthe because I knew that iOS6 was coming like pretty much the next day. But if I was a developer I'd definitely be on it like, now.

And yes. I know it's in beta, I was just saying that when it does get shipped out, the jailbreak should be shipped out right along with it. So it should be in everyone's mind to be working on it today. I don't think anyone has the capacity to wait for this.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait patiently.

And not be nuts about posting why they can't get it done sooner because I wanted it YESTERDAY!!!! :D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes. We have to have it ASAP. We need to jump on that immediately. Preferably today.

Absinthe was good for a day but now it's completely irrelevant.

you must be new to the jailbreak scene. this is how it is and always will be for jailbreakers--waiting

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I understand that, what I was trying to say is that we have ample time right now to make the jailbreak before iOS6 gets put out.

you must be new to the jailbreak scene. this is how it is and always will be for jailbreakers--waiting

So, there should be no waiting once iOS6 becomes available.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Just putting it out there, but within an hour of the first 5.0 beta being released the Dev Team had updated and released redsn0w to jailbreak the beta.. and every subsequent beta after it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was out tonight.. MuscleNerd's Twitter has been mysteriously quiet.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Different situations have different options?sometimes a new firmware can be jailbroken, even if tethered, with existing methods. In a case like that it's easy to update an existing jb to work with a beta because it doesn't reveal any new exploits to Apple.

You never know, but I'm guessing this won't be one of those.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Most of the stuff available on iOS 6 can be done through jailbreaking (Turn by turn navigation is better on the TomTom app as it doesn't require cellular network, only gps.) Fusion has facebook intergration as well (look it up in cydia) you can share pictures directly from photo app already and Siri still cannot shut off radios and features (ie. push email, brightness etc) but you can do much more with ios 5 jailbreak.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I understand that, what I was trying to say is that we have ample time right now to make the jailbreak before iOS6 gets put out.

So, there should be no waiting once iOS6 becomes available.

That's not how it works, the jailbreak devs need time to make an untethered tool, which takes time since they need to find an exploit and then test it for weeks to make sure it's bug free. Apple plugs exploits in the beta's with the final release so they can't even start to work on an untether until then. Why do you think every jailbreak takes around two months to come out after a new OS is released?

If iOS 6 comes out in October, don't expect an untethered jailbreak until around Christmas, just like last year with iOS 5.

There might be a semi-tether sooner though which is good enough for most people..

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It's true: iOS 5 (Jailbroken) is comparable to iOS6. I'm really excited today: I might just decide to keep this iPhone Jailbroken, the iPhone 6 will be shipping with iOS 6 and I can take it from there.

This is so great.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
there, happy now?

MuscleNerd jailbreaks iOS 6 beta

It?s true, MuscleNerd has successfully jailbroken iOS 6 on an iPod Touch 4th generation device. Unfortunately, that jailbreak isn?t publicly available, and in its current form it?s hardly what we?d expect anyway. While it?s been technically jailbroken by the defacto leader of the iPhone Dev Team, essential items like Cydia still lack functionality, and it?s just a tethered jailbreak.

Hence, it?ll probably be a while before we see an official iOS 6 beta jailbreak from the Dev Team. It?s just nice to know that they?ve already started tinkering around with the possibilities?

source: iDB

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you know that the maps app in iOS 6 is actually from TomTom? LMAO haha i read that and I was like "well, now there's definitely no reason to give up the jailbreak." Unless the Facebook intergration is something spectacular and battery life is improved, i'll just wait for the cidya tweaks that add the same features.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox