iPad 2 - 4.3.5 to 5.1.1 upgrade

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Peps,

I'm trying to do a simple upgrade for the above so I can jailbreak it (Its my stepson's Girlfriends).

I'm using iTunes as there is no over the air and i'm not doing anything out of the ordinary and I'm just hitting update and i get this:

Error 3194

Looked it up on the theiphonewiki.com and this is what it says! :eek:

Occurs when trying to install an old firmware and Apple's server disallows the installation. The only solution is to have SHSH backup and modify the hosts file to point to Saurik's Cydia Server where they are backed up (or local host if you have it yourself).

But i'm not trying or pointing at another ISPW, so what the hell :mad:

All im doing is pressing update. My host file has not been amended! TU has never been used.

Any ideas?? :confused::confused:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Your hosts files are pointing to cydia...
Y'all probably have tiny umbrella or have manually changed your hosts

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The "#" sign in front of it makes it irrelevant... and it's wrong too.

I've never touched them or used TU. All I have done is open TU, but never used it because it won't work. It won't detect my phone.

How can it be wrong if I have never touched it.

Does anyone now what it should be or can I re install iTunes to correct it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
There is a setting in tu it might have changed your host files when you opened it .. Easiest way is to open tu and uncheck the setting or you can edit the host files

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
There is a setting in tu it might have changed your host files when you opened it .. Easiest way is to open tu and uncheck the setting or you can edit the host files

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I have checked TU, and I know the box you mean. Mine is greyed out and un ticked?

Can I just edit that above host file?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ciabo

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Im still in the same thing... I tried using tu and cant update mi ipod, edited the host file but nothing... Although i think i made a little progress, i think i saved the SHSH blobs in tu... But my ipod still doesn't updates

Help :(:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2