Backup for JB apps, tweaks, etc

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a way to backup all my stuff I download from Cydia. I might have to restore my phone before I bring it into Apple and really don't want to re-find/download everything. Is there a way to backup then "restore" everything once Jailbroken again?

Thanks for the help in advance.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cjhm3k
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use pkgbackup. Works great and has lots of options.

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
xBackup! I've used it three times now and never fails. It's like a dollar too.

So for the money. I think it's excellent.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh also there is openbackup. That's free and also is quite good, but I haven't tried that yet.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
xBackup! I've used it three times now and never fails. It's like a dollar too.

So for the money. I think it's excellent.

I'll second the motion for xBackup. Used it yesterday. After a restore to stock - did the jailbreak, installed xBackup - and did a restore - and everything was back where it was.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Aptbackup. It's free and works just fine. Used it to restore my JB apps after my upgrade to 5.1.1. Only thing is it missed a couple apps that I had to manually download, but that was because they had been updated within the time period I backed up and upgraded. No big deal. Just to be on the safe side, I would take a screenshot of all your Cydia installed apps via Cydia first, just to make sure the list is correct after you restore.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Aptbackup. It's free and works just fine. Used it to restore my JB apps after my upgrade to 5.1.1. Only thing is it missed a couple apps that I had to manually download, but that was because they had been updated within the time period I backed up and upgraded. No big deal. Just to be on the safe side, I would take a screenshot of all your Cydia installed apps via Cydia first, just to make sure the list is correct after you restore.

Only thing with that is it doesn't backup your data and settings.

But to be fair for a free app it is good and I can't knock it, but when I use xBackup. It backs up everything including settings, data, apps, tweaks, even springboard layout.

After doing an iTunes restore, then xBackup. It was like exactly the same. Was just as I left it.

But I can't knock aptbackup.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I second xBackup, but it did miss a few Cydia apps though and also didn't seem to backup my BytaFont fonts that I downloaded from Cydia. no biggie though as I went through and did a screen shot of each Cydia app palge before I did the restore, so I knew what I had before and what was missing after the restore.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
The only problem I had with xBackup is I accidentally let my iPhone backup with setting it up after my recent JB. Thus, that backup overrode the xBackup that was kept in iTunes. Luckily, I also had PkgBackup installed as well. After the JB, I installed PkgBackup and ran a restore and all my apps and settings were back on my iPhone. I like PkgBackup better since it keeps the backups (multiple) in my DropBox folder instead of with iTunes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner