restore/unjailbreak

Lm546

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched with no specific answer. I have a jailbroken 4s operating on 5.0.1, I want to restore it to 5.0.1 and remove all my cydia apps. I have gone through the steps for restoring that I have found, I downloaded ipsw file, and put my phone in DFU mode. I have tried to restore it multiple times and I keep getting an error saying my phone can't be restored, and there is a code 1600. If someone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched with no specific answer. I have a jailbroken 4s operating on 5.0.1, I want to restore it to 5.0.1 and remove all my cydia apps. I have gone through the steps for restoring that I have found, I downloaded ipsw file, and put my phone in DFU mode. I have tried to restore it multiple times and I keep getting an error saying my phone can't be restored, and there is a code 1600. If someone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

You need your SHSH blob file to be able to restore back to 5.1.1 otherwise you will get this error from iTunes.

Why do you want to go back to 5.0.1. Why don't you just let iTunes install 5.1.1.

It can be done - If you need more help let me know. ;)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Peps - I keep seeing this error code, so I thought I would post up the exact reason as to why iTunes throws it up.

Error 1600

1. Custom firmware can't be restored on a device with DFU Mode. The software of the device isn't patched. Using a jailbreak tool, enter a pwned DFU Mode. During that process the software gets patched and the custom firmware should run without any problems.

2. APTicket problems if you try to restore to iOS 5.x in the DFU Mode.

3. If trully stuck (even with an regular iTunes Restore), edit the hosts file and comment out the "guzzoni.apple.com" line

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The above member is jailbroken with 5.0.1 and want to just restore back to 5.1.1. Just in the standard way and he gets this error: This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

I've suggest that he removes iTunes and Re-Installs. Then trys again.

If that doesn't work - Does anyone else have any ideas? :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Tiny umbrella if he has it is pointing host files in Cydia not apple

Needs to uncheck setting in tiny umbrella or manually edit the host files

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads