WiFi sucks! Tweak to fix?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I may not have a lot of knowledge on the subject, but why is it that my iPhone loses wifi reception so easily?

Many of us know the airplane mode trick to refresh the network, but I hardly even have to do that most of the time! I just open the wifi options in the settings app, and my iPhone goes "oh hey yea there's the wifi network" and reconnects automatically..

Could there be such a tweak that performs the wifi refresh action that apparently occurs in the settings app at least once after a connection loss?

It would seem like this would keep us connected to wifi with less annoyances... Probably with battery loss though?

Just an idea, please inform me on the issue :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Is this a persistent problem for you? I've never heard of it, or had any issues myself--my phone just connects to all my usual networks when I'm in range (work, home, etc.) and only drops if I get out of range.

If you constantly need to open the settings app to reconnect, something is wrong; I'd take it in to Apple.

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm jailbroken too so maybe that's an issue.

It's definitely the issue if I take it to the Apple store :p

I may just have bad wifi but it doesn't just seem like my network.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem with my 4S. I'm on my second phone because of it actually. My ipad 3 does the same thing, although it is a little better about reconnecting on its own. This has been the case for me with or without jailbreak.

I personally believe it's something in 5.1 software, because I never had this problem before 5.1.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Try looking for WiFi Booster. It basically extends the range of wifi networks that are listed on your iOS device. I use to get deadzones in my house but this tweak seems to fix this.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Check out SignalRefresh on Cydia - it might help.

The app refreshes both Wi-Fi and cell signal searching. It forces the iPhone search module to lock on the strongest signal instead of searching for a nearby signal when you are on the move.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR