Redsn0w Error!!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Peps,

Can anyone help on this.

Ever since Redsn0w starting to support A5 devices i have been getting this error:

" Incomplete iTunes Libraries

Certian operations (like the A5 jailbreak) are disabled due to incomplete iTunes libraries. Please be sure the latest iTunes is installed.

Couldn't load Mobiledevice.dll (error 127) "

I've just restored my windows vista laptop to factory defaults to fix this error, so it is as good a new. Following the new build of software. I installed iTunes and guess what, I still get the same error!

How can this be - Someone else must of seen this error. This stops your iDevice from going into DFU mode, so you can't use any of the features.

Any ideas?? :confused::confused:

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I still haven't found a fix for it but was able to jb from a different computer. Sorry!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I still haven't found a fix for it but was able to jb from a different computer. Sorry!

Yeah, I remember you where having this to. Can you believe it still does it AFTER I restored my PC to factory default! It's a mystery.

Anyone? Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A shot in the dark:

1. Remove iTunes with the rest of the Apple suite - Device Support, Automatic Update, Bonjour, etc.
  2. Delete the Apple folder in Program Files\Common Files (in both Program Files folders)
  3. (Optional) run a registry cleaner - CCleaner is a good one and it's free.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Reinstall iTunes.

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
A shot in the dark:

Thanks for your reply iDonev.

What I don't understand is that it has done this for a while (So I?ve had to use earlier versions). Since the A5 jailbreak came out.

So last night i bit the bullet and whipped my PC completely. As in formatting and re installing windows and drivers. So it is like new.

I install iTunes. Download reds0w and it still does it. I mean how can that be. This must mean that this error has always been there from day 1 i bought the computer 5 years ago.

I'm running out of ideas now. I tried your suggestions before. But I will try again, but can't see it making a difference.

It's defiantly something to do with my computer setup and its driving me mad. I really like redsn0w and now I have an ipad 3. I really need these functions.

I even asked the dev team on there blog and they couldn't work it out - All they suggested was that I ran as admin in SP 3 compatibility. I tried every capability, but again couldn't see what that had to do with it.

It's so odd :confused: - If I crack it mate, I'll let you know and if you get anymore ideas give me a shout.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What type of Windows installation DVD do you have? Is it directly from Microsoft, or is it from the computer manufacturer? I'm asking because often computer manufacturers will put heaps of junk in those Windows images...

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
What type of Windows installation DVD do you have? Is it directly from Microsoft, or is it from the computer manufacturer? I'm asking because often computer manufacturers will put heaps of junk in those Windows images...

It?s an Acer Laptop. There is an Acer Function for backup and restoring. I just restored to factory default. So it does come with some junk.

I'm still struggling to understand this. Even if I had some sort of explanation, then at least I can move on. :(

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
1 give this a shot

. Place Redsn0w.exe and all of the other files included in the release in their own folder (If not done already.)

2. Navigate to:
Windows Vista/7 Users (32bit/x86): C/Program Files/Common Files/Apple/Apple Application Support/SQLite3.dll
Windows Vista/7 Users (64bit): C/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Apple/Apple Application Support/SQLite3.dll

3. Copy "SQLite3.dll" from the Apple Application Support folder and place it in the same folder as your Redsn0w files.

4. Right click on "redsn0w" and run it as an administrator

Last edited:

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I remember you where having this to. Can you believe it still does it AFTER I restored my PC to factory default! It's a mystery.

Anyone? Any ideas??

yeah that is really weird. you would think after you restored your pc it would have fixed it.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
1 give this a shot

. Place Redsn0w.exe and all of the other files included in the release in their own folder (If not done already.)

2. Navigate to:
Windows Vista/7 Users (32bit/x86): C/Program Files/Common Files/Apple/Apple Application Support/SQLite3.dll
Windows Vista/7 Users (64bit): C/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Apple/Apple Application Support/SQLite3.dll

3. Copy "SQLite3.dll" from the Apple Application Support folder and place it in the same folder as your Redsn0w files.

Interesting, i'll give it a shot. So copy it? Not move?

I'll be home in an hour and i'll give it a shout and let you know how it goes.

Cheers bud ;)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
1 give this a shot

2. Navigate to:

No joy buddy I'm afraid. If you have anymore thoughts let me know.

But I'm starting to take the view that it will never run on my laptop pc.

Thanks for input.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok try a diff USB port on your computer .. ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

That error comes up as soon as I run redsn0w with no iDevice plugged in. As soon as I double click on Redsn0w.exe, bam up it comes.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That's strange the fix I posted should have worked I'll think about this one if I come up with anything I'll post

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try it this way

Copy the following file to the folder you are running redsn0w from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\SQLite3.dll
Right-click redsn0w.exe and choose "Properties"
Click on the Compatibility tab.
Tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
Choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
Right-click redsn0w.exe and choose "Run as Administrator"

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the service pack 3 option. But when I get home I will check and let you know. Thanks again.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried putting redsn0w (along with the rest of its files) in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

This was necessary for some previous jailbreak tools.
Also note that if you have a 64 bit OS, you'll have two Program Files folders and you'll need to put redsn0w in the folder containing more files.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll give both these a go.

iDonev, I notice the directory that you told me to try is different to the directory of above suggested by Peligro911.

I'm sure I have the 32 bit vista.

I will try both places when I'm home in a few hours and report back.

Thanks guys.

Last edited: