Octopus Keyboard. Any updates?

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, i've been searching around but it seems like the trail went cold on this app. There was some speculation that it would be out May 20th but there's nothing on the interwebs about it. Has anyone heard anything? This is the one app that is seriously making me re-JB my phone.

Thanks!

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey pkcable, yeah I did the same search you did but all there is are multiple articles from the same couple days that say it will be out around May 20th. After that the information dies off.

danieljm94

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
waiting on an update as well. Don't want to bother downloading a subpar 5-row keyboard and have this come out the next day. any news from the imore gang here?

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah the 5-row keyboard is fairly useless. i would imagine there are some people that love it but to me it makes an already cramped keyboard worse. the iPhone keyboard and word prediction are by far the worst i've ever used and this is coming from a guy that had the original blackberry storm.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The developer still has not released the tweak publicly. Last week he was planning on releasing a beta to a few followers on twitter, You can follow him on twitter Mario Hros-@kexik

stalking has officially commenced! lol

he did just tweet that he will be tweeting information as to when it will be available for public beta

i'll post something here when that happens

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
stalking has officially commenced! lol

he did just tweet that he will be tweeting information as to when it will be available for public beta

i'll post something here when that happens

I love when you stalk. I'll be stalking you even more now ... Lol!

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to this to be released soon.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
update from the Dev on this:

@kexik: Implementing word learning from Messages/Mails for Octopus Keyboard. Don't ask for ETAs - I am doing my best to release this weekend.

ha! i'm not even jailbroken and still helping the JB community :)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This looks like a really hard tweak to implement. Could be very useful but I think I'll wait and see how it works out before trying it out myself.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
one of a few tweets the dev tweeted yesterday

@kexik

Great progress so far, now I have working Octopus beta but some testers have found several problems which must be fixed before release.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
looks like a public release will be tomorrow

@kexik: Great news! Octopus is finally prepared for release. After the final testing I am going to release it tomorrow. Stay tuned.