I am really confused.
I had a problem with my Iphone 3gs(MC131T) and when I took it to a shop the guy jailbroke it to an old version(4.1 (8B117). Now a lot of my app don't work anymore .plus he didn't tell me I was gonna lose all my conctact...
anyway does anydody knows whats the right procedure I should use to update my jailbroke Iphone ?
thanks in advance
- 05-29-2012, 12:26 AM #2iMore Genius
- 3,044 Posts
If you are relying on some kind of unlock, disregard this... BUT if not then,
Plug it into your computer open iTunes, update it via iTunes. Then jailbreak it using absinthe
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nljr5l
Last edited by 3cit; 05-30-2012 at 10:42 AM.
- 05-29-2012, 02:55 AM #4iMore Pro
- 707 Posts
BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTION. I NEED ANOTHER MEMBER TO CONFIRM IF WE NEED TO PRESERVE YOUR BASEBAND OR INSTALL IPAD BASEBAND OR NON AT ALL. IF WE NEED TO DO THIS, THEN DON'T FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE MOST OF THEM WILL CHANGE PENDING THE ANSWER.
ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS RE ABOVE?
1. Update to the latest version of IOS (5.1.1) via iTunes.
2. Download Absinthe 2.0.1 from here: http://greenpois0n.com/
3. Extract it as it will be zipped up, then run the file that un zipped. That file will then bring up a black screen with white writing. This is main program extracting all it files.
4. Run the new Absinthe 2.0.1 exe file, this will launch the jailbreak program.
5. Follow the instructions which are very simple, then you must wait until its finished. Do NOT unplug your device until its finished.
6. Once done, you need to locate Cydia that has just been installed via Absinthe. Cydia is like an app store.
7. Go into manage, then sources, press edit and then add. Now type repo.iparelhos.com.
8. Press add source. Now go onto that source we just added and install ultrasn0w fixer for 5.1.1.
9. Then go into the other repo called DEV TEAM, repo666 ultra sn0w.
10. Then in here you will find ultrasn0w. Install and reboot your phone.
11. Now your phone will be unlocked.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- 05-29-2012, 03:39 AM #6iMore Pro
- 707 Posts
Need a little help on this one.
I'm trying to help this member upgrade his 3GS from 4.1 to 5.1.1 and then jailbreak, then unlock with ultrasn0w. What we need to know is:
1. Do we have to preserve his baseband? or
2. Do we need to install the iPad baseband via Redsn0w (therefore jailbreaking via Redsn0w tethered and then installing the Rocky Racoon Un-Tether, which means we need to use the 206 IOS 5.1.1 version, which makes this a little trickier for 'Cicciopuccio'
3. Can we just follow the instuctions in post 2 from me.
- 05-29-2012, 07:05 AM #7
Do NOT update without preserving baseband if you are not using the official carrier. To be honest, I would advise the OP to have someone else do this if possible, as it sounds like s/he isn't familiar with the process. One mistake and your phone could be useless.
OP: Do you need an unlock, or just a jailbreak? They are two different things.
Last edited by Massie; 05-29-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Massie: you' re right! I'm not a biggest expert!
infact I thought that to unlock a phone I have to jailbrake it,that is actually what I have done more then 1 year ago ( a guy from a shop did it for me) and everything was working perfectly until I woke up 1 morning and the Iphone was stuck in some safety mode. Then i took it to this other guy that stuffed it because jailbroke it to this old version.
Conclusion: I dont know if i have to jailbrake it or only unlock it but if I get all the instruction to follow step by step I would try .
- 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM #9
What baseband are you ?
If it is unlocked now you need to preserve
I did this last night on a German carrier 3GS from 3.1.3 to 5.1.1 ya wow lol
I used redsnow made custom Ipsw
Put phone in pwn dfu then shift restore in iTunes to 5.1.1 custom
Keeping my baseband
I had planned to use absinthe to JB but hit a wall when I forgot about the activation screen ..
So used redsnow JB teathered then used rock racoon to unteather then did ultrasnow fix and then ultrasnow
Phone is working on USA tmobile now
Just trying to figure out how to get iMessage to activate and got to get correct apn settings for mms
But other than that .. That's what needs to be done
Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
- 05-29-2012, 11:14 PM #11
- 05-30-2012, 12:11 AM #13
It don't take long if you already have all the files and programs downloaded and if you have done it before .. I assume they do so I wouldn't see why not .. I would just make yourself very clear about preserving the baseband because if they mess that up there is so undoing it
Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !