jailbroken A5 5.1.1 users; how's your battery life holding up?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
typically the jailbreak tool itself does not cause battery drain. it is notorious that the jailbroken apps and tweaks we put on afterwards can cause battery drain

when i originally went to 5.1.1 i just did a simple update and noticed very little improvement. then i decided to a Restore as New Phone which made a significant improvement with battery performance

then came along the Absinthe jailbreak, which had me wondering how my battery performance would take a hit with my jailbreak setup. i am happy to say, SO FAR SO GOOD! but i am also one of those people who will get rid of a jailbreak once i see it affecting battery and overall usage.. we'll see how it goes

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems okay. Maybe it's draining a tiny bit faster just because I used to be able to leave my iPod in airplane mode and the brightness all the way down on standby during the night and the battery wouldn't go down at all, but last night it went down one...not that big of a deal. I hardly think its because of the jailbreak anyway...

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine is fine as far as I can tell. About the same it was when I was stock even tho I'm fully themed out with the Pages theme and have a few other cydia apps plus the iTunes/App Store apps. Seems all good, but I may need to adjust the time interval on the scrolling weather portion of the Pages theme.

Have it set to refresh every 15 mins, but may increase it to 30 instead.

Otherwise, all good in da hood.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday mine seemed to be draining pretty fast. but i have this feeling it was because of searching for some tweaks. today doesn't seem to be so bad. took the phone off the charger at 930 est. and down to 87% but i think that is because i have been browsing social media and a couple of calls and multiple texts.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Took my phone off at 83% at 430.
Almost 6 in a half hours later I'm at 60% with at least two hours of usage.
Been browsing Facebook, twitter, the Internet, and tapatalk mostly.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine feels pretty good. No hard data, but it's looking good.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine is fine as far as I can tell. About the same it was when I was stock even tho I'm fully themed out with the Pages theme and have a few other cydia apps plus the iTunes/App Store apps. Seems all good, but I may need to adjust the time interval on the scrolling weather portion of the Pages theme.

Have it set to refresh every 15 mins, but may increase it to 30 instead.

Otherwise, all good in da hood.

I got rid of Pages and Winterboard for that matter. Things became super laggy ... #justsaying.

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I hear ya. Not seeing lag here but I did increase the weather pull interval to 30 mins.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a lot of tweaks installed, such as DashboardX and IntelliscreenX that require some addons to make it function better, but my battery is great. I have been using this one tweak for a day now and it is AMAZING! It is called BatteryDoctorPro and it is the best battery management app out in Cydia hands down. Search "kbatterydoctor" and it should be free in big boos repo. it adds a load of functionality and also adds a notification center widget that has more features than the one included in IntelliscreenX and SBsettings.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
4438a125-d9af-e782.jpg
not too bad here

Sent from my jailbriken iPhone on 5.1.1 using Tapatalk

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is better than it was with jailbroken 5.0.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; typos courtesy of auto correct.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I went from 5.0.1 JB to 5.1.1 JB, and I have noticed an improvement. One of the biggest battery suckers I was using was live weather, so after disabling that I can say all is well.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
With a small sample size of only a few days, I'm experiencing a slight improvement in battery life from 5.0.1 using the first revision absinthe.

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
excellent compared to 5.0.1

i also am cutting down on the JB apps i have on my phone. collected so much stuff and was starting to drain it quickly. restore and upgrade helped i think

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Jb or stock I take it off the charger in the morning around 6am and by 3pm it needs a charger, I have only been with iPhone for a little over a month and I have purchased three wall adapters and two car chargers to make sure I always have a phone. I cam from blackberry so I am not used to this but am dealing with it as I like the"time wasting" features on apple. Love this phone.

Sent using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not as well as is was on 5.0.1 jailbreak. However, I am getting at least 5 to 6 hours of usage in a day. So even though it's less than I was getting before, it's still not bad.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Coming from stock 5.1.1, it's a little worse. I have a LOT of tweaks installed and for the heap loads of added features I have i think it worth it. I have a battery case just in case of I run out during the middle of my day, but it haven't come to that yet. These are just some of my tweaks that I have installed and a picture of my lock screen.

View attachment 16316View attachment 16317View attachment 16318View attachment 16319View attachment 16320

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2