Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Default New to Cydia... Need Profile App...

First time Jailbreaker, and I did it for two apps specifically. IntelliscreenX and MyProfiles.

Loving IntelliscreenX - extremely useful and something Apple should have done from the beginning in some form.

As far as MyProfiles, when I went to look it up on Cydia, I learned it was no longer supported and not available. Real bummer.

So, anybody have any great profile apps that will behave in some fashion similar to BlackBerry profiles.
    (be gentle - I miss my profiles!)

Thanks...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts

I would like this too. love my iphone but miss the profiles

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

How about mobile profile?
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the "Demo" version, but it is not really helping me to buy the app. Can't really test it out with all the limitations. Not sure I wanna spend $5 for an app I am not sure will work the way I want/need it to.

Still searching...
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfeet View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the "Demo" version, but it is not really helping me to buy the app. Can't really test it out with all the limitations. Not sure I wanna spend $5 for an app I am not sure will work the way I want/need it to.

Still searching...
    5$ - I'd just get it, pretty sure you paid way more for the phone might as well have it the way you want it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts

not sure it will do what we are lookinv for though.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Well, I went ahead an purchased an app called AutoProfiles, that seemed to be what I was looking for a $3 gamble - and lost.

When I downloaded it, installed it, and tried to open it, I get an error message that states; “NOTE: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.” I have found no way around this.

I have emailed the developer, and I guess we'll see what we see. However, this is a perfect example of why trials are necessary.

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Profiles is/are the only thing I miss about my BB Tour... and I was disappointed about MyProfiles not updating... don't bother looking for another app - there are none.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Not sure how it compares, but for ringer/contact profiles check out RingerX VIP. That might be a help.

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Not sure how it compares, but for ringer/contact profiles check out RingerX VIP. That might be a help.
    Not a bad looking app... what I really want is an app that replicates the BB "Bedside" manner mode - so that when it's plugged in, it can be silent for everything but phone calls.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    tres likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Well, I went ahead an purchased an app called AutoProfiles, that seemed to be what I was looking for a $3 gamble - and lost.

When I downloaded it, installed it, and tried to open it, I get an error message that states; “NOTE: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.” I have found no way around this.

I have emailed the developer, and I guess we'll see what we see. However, this is a perfect example of why trials are necessary.
    Same here.....On IntelliscreenX. I'm a newb at JB, so what do I need to do?

***********Wiped and JB'd again and everything is wonderful******
    Last edited by KJowers; 05-28-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: problem resolved
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Not a bad looking app... what I really want is an app that replicates the BB "Bedside" manner mode - so that when it's plugged in, it can be silent for everything but phone calls.
    Same thing I am looking for too. This is a must for anyone that has ever been on the blackberry platform

Sent using Tapatalk
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

I scheduler might be the closest to what you need...
    Last edited by 3cit; 06-03-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    I'm also a victim of myprofiles not being updated.... I think we need to find a developer to do one!
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Hello All,

Here's a cut & paste of a reply I made to THIS post. Since I started this particular thread, I thought I'd share it here also. Hope it helps...
    --
    I have looked long and hard to find something that resembles the Profiles options I had with my BlackBerry. While nothing works exactly the same, there are two options that I have found that are close, although they work in completely different ways. Both require a Jailbreak...

#1: SBProfiles: This one may be what you are looking for. With a simple toggle, you can set it up for volume control, screen brightness, enable or disable certain functions, including 3G, Data, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. The biggest drawback I have encountered is that I set it up, originally, for a sleep profile, which disabled 3G, Data, and WiFi. This, of course, means no mail got delivered over night, and therefor no alerts to wake me up. There is NO WAY TO DISABLE SMS! Pretty big issue, but I do not get a lot of SMS except for from family, so perhaps not so big. The issue occurred at 05:00 the next morning. I created another profile to re-anable those functions I had disabled. However, while I am usually up at 04:00, I got a chance to sleep in. Not so much. When 3G, Data, and WiFi were restored, all my messages downloaded, along with alerts - a - plenty! So much for sleep.

#2. iScheduler. This is the app that most closely resembles what was possible with the BlackBerry. You can silence (not disable) Mai,, SMS, Push Notifications, etc., and schedule when to do so, and when to return your alerts back to normal. Just what I was looking for. EXCEPT: There is no option to set custom ringtones, except for the phone ringer. I use custom sounds for phone, SMS, and Mai;. Every morning when the sound profiles restored, I got a system sound that I didn't want to use. I had to go into Settings|Sounds and restored my custom sounds. I did email the app developer re: this issue, and got a reply that he would work on supporting custom tones for Phone, SMS, AND Mail. However, until he does this, I am not going to spend the $8 for the app. If or when he does, I will gladly spend the cash. I think the app has that much potential. He does offer a 3 day trial, and if you do not use custom sounds, I would highly recommend this one.
    tres likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

I am a little late to the Ballgame, but as-far-as Profiles (myself coming from an Android), I use BackBoard as my profile go-to. It sames them as Themes. All you do is alter your current setup (anything you choose), and it saves it. Simply load the theme you want, say WORK, or PERSONAL or SOCIAL, and BAM! You have a different profile for each of your.. ahem.. lives.

It does literally save any changes you make. Icon placement, theme settings, system settings. Even app settings. It's worked for me.

Did I mention: FREE
    Thanked by:
    Blackfeet (06-22-2012)
    tres likes this.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
    I am a little late to the Ballgame, but as-far-as Profiles (myself coming from an Android), I use BackBoard as my profile go-to. It sames them as Themes. All you do is alter your current setup (anything you choose), and it saves it. Simply load the theme you want, say WORK, or PERSONAL or SOCIAL, and BAM! You have a different profile for each of your.. ahem.. lives.

It does literally save any changes you make. Icon placement, theme settings, system settings. Even app settings. It's worked for me.

Did I mention: FREE
    This one has some interesting possibilities. I would rather it had a "timed" function, but it is a small thing to have to select your theme before you go to bed and after you get up in the morning. I like the options it provides for meetings and such. I think we have a winner! To date, it is the closest thing yet to what I am looking for. Thanks for showing up - however late you might have been!
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

This one has some interesting possibilities. I would rather it had a "timed" function, but it is a small thing to have to select your theme before you go to bed and after you get up in the morning. I like the options it provides for meetings and such. I think we have a winner! To date, it is the closest thing yet to what I am looking for. Thanks for showing up - however late you might have been!
    No problem. I originally found it to help keep my Springboard icons from moving around on particular tweak installs and resprings. But since then, it has many great possibilities.

Oh, and as far as timed functions, it couldn't hurt to hit the Developer up to see if it could be in a future update. Heck, I think I might like it even more if it had a Timed function.
    Last edited by Matlock; 06-22-2012 at 12:34 PM.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Oh, and as far as timed functions, it couldn't hurt to hit the Developer up to see if it could be in a future update. Heck, I think I might like it even more if it had a Timed function.
    I might just do that...
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Argh! @$#%*(%^&#$%!

I have spent around 2 or 3 hours configuring different set-ups to use as "themes" since I was introduced to Backboard a couple of days ago. It was working just great! Until this morning.

I changed themes this morning, to my daytime set-up, and once the re-spring was completed, I decided I wanted my volume to be a little lower today - gonna be in a series of meetings - and went back into Backboard, only to find ALL OF MY THEMES WERE GONE! To make matters worse, I can not save any new themes. I get the "name" box, and hit save, but nothing shows up, just the silly message that "It looks like this is your first time using Backboard, wanna see the tutorial" or something close to that.

Extremely frustrating. I thought this one might be a keeper...
    Last edited by Blackfeet; 06-26-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Well that's crap..

Since this post, have you tried configuring everything again to see if it repeats what happened?
    If so, I'd deffineterly hope the Developer will have some insight on this problem.

I was just about to start doing the same thing, until I read your post. More than likely I will do it anyway, just to see if it happens.

Also, how many 'profiles' did you make, and give us a round-up of what all settings you had different from profile-to-profile?
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Well that's crap..

Since this post, have you tried configuring everything again to see if it repeats what happened?
    If so, I'd deffineterly hope the Developer will have some insight on this problem.

I was just about to start doing the same thing, until I read your post. More than likely I will do it anyway, just to see if it happens.

Also, how many 'profiles' did you make, and give us a round-up of what all settings you had different from profile-to-profile?
    Yes it is, or was...

I uninstalled BackBoard yesterday morning after trying, and failing, to get it to work. It was not retaining any "theme" I tried to save, just displaying the first time user message (Side note: I clicked on that thinking it might help - not so much. Just took me to an add for the New York Times. Figures). So I gave up and just uninstalled it. Used SBProfiles last night, which sort-of-works.

However, I decided to give it one more shot after I read your reply. Re-installed it, saved a theme, and there it was. As of right now, it is apparently working again. I have 3 themes saved, which differ only in sound settings. One Daytime_Normal, one Nighttime_Normal, and one On_Duty. Nothing complicated.

For the record - I have yet to receive a reply from the developer...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts

Does it work on ios 5? Says 3 and 4
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Tony2255 View Post
    Does it work on ios 5? Says 3 and 4
    I am using it on a Jail broken 5.1. And it works well. I think the issues I was experiencing had to do with deleting a profile, but the profile being retained "somewhere". I do not know enough about the iPhones file system to try and track it down. I have created two brand new profiles, each just 2 letters long in name, and all seems to be working well.

For now...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts

Thanks i will try it then. Miss my bb profiles. Hope this will work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast