Quick question...

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, quick question for some of the more resident hackers here. I'm now JB'd on my 4s. Took some time yesterday to get it to take the JB tho. I initially tried the normal JB method with the original absinthe 2.0 but it wouldn't take after I wiped the phone.

I needed the phone for work tho, so restored from iCloud as the backup I made in iTunes didn't work correctly. The restore thru iCloud took a couple of hours to complete as it normally would and then absinthe 2.0.1 came out which addressed the issues I had with absinthe 2.0.

I did the JB and it took, but now I can't get a restore option from my previous iCloud backup I did when I restored from iCloud yesterday morning/afternoon. I wanted to restore as I'm missing pics/texts from my wipe before I did the JB. I tried to restore my iTunes backup from the one I did yesterday morning, but iTunes wouldn't communicate with my iPhone. It kept getting an error # 21 and wouldn't restore.

I was also unable to reset and erase the phone from the reset options on the phone itself as the phone would keep going into an infinite loop.

Tried restoring from latest firmware in recovery mode thru iTunes, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my JB'd iPhone 4s using via the .

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try restoring using the Ipsw file and doing shift restore in iTunes and re jailbreak ... Another JB method to try is JB teathered with redsnow and apply the patch to unteather from Cydia

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Try restoring using the Ipsw file and doing shift restore in iTunes and re jailbreak ... Another JB method to try is JB teathered with redsnow and apply the patch to unteather from Cydia

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Tried the ipsw file method this morning to no avail.

What I was looking to do was erase and restore from my iCloud backup I created yesterday. Then backup to iTunes and re-JB with 2.0.1, then use the iTunes backup to restore apps and all after I re-JB. Gonna try to do it again while I'm at work. Will update if it works. Thanks tho.

Sent from my JB'd iPhone 4s using via the .

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Got the restore thru iTunes to finally take. Now reset & restoring thru my good iCloud backup. That takes time of course.

Next to do is do an iTunes backup then re-JB and re-restore from the iTunes backup.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.