Problem with Cydia?

Cigarfingers

Nov 3, 2010
thepokerforum.freeforums.org
Hi all,
I've used the latest job tool to jb my iPhone 4s and it all went perfectly but now when I add a new source in cydia it stays on downloading packages for ages after it runs most of the source info. I tried the same source on my iPad and it took no time at all to go on so I'm not sure why it takes so long on my phone. Any ideas would be great

Cheers

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I've used the latest job tool to jb my iPhone 4s and it all went perfectly but now when I add a new source in cydia it stays on downloading packages for ages after it runs most of the source info. I tried the same source on my iPad and it took no time at all to go on so I'm not sure why it takes so long on my phone. Any ideas would be great

Cheers

Cydia is under heavy load at the moment. When you go into Cydia, make sure you wait for all the packages to load. So the bit up the top that says loading Packages and then add the source. Delete it, if it is already there. Then once it's added. Close Cydia totally by exiting the app in the dock bit by pressing the home button twice. Then
Open Cydia, let the the packages load again and then try it.

If it doesn't work then there is a problem at the other end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
No same,This is what happened after about 10mins of 'downloading packages'

Sub-process /bin/bin2 returned an error code (2)

Failed to fetch

http://cydia.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/dists/stable/main/binary-iphoneos-arm/packages.bz2 Sub-process/bin/bzip2 returned an error code

Some index files failed to download,they have been ignored, or old ones used

That's what I got

It must be be coz Cydia is overloading again. Try another source or another package to install.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted to restore my phone and re do it. I know a friends is working and my iPad works ok on a previous jb so think cydia is ok. Maybe my jb didn't work properly? Could that be a reason??

Yeah, I would. That way its all fresh and it will run a lot better. ;)

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
first time i ever j/b my iPhone was pretty easy but the only problem I'm having is when i try to download something in cydia it goes through the process and then i get a http:// type of error in red.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok,fully restored and re jail broke my 4s and still when adding a source,goes to black screen,does lots but stops with

Done: Packages

and a progress bar below :-/

It's making some progress then, I remeber this happened to me when i frist jailbroke my iphone 4. Just keep waiting, even if you have to wait like 20 mins. Give that a try, you are obviously added a source with a sh@t load of content.

Give that a try.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
first time i ever j/b my iPhone was pretty easy but the only problem I'm having is when i try to download something in cydia it goes through the process and then i get a http:// type of error in red.

If it does this, you just need to keep trying. It's just where the Cydia carver is taking a hammering.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Open up cydia look down at the bottom tab line look at changes if there is a red 1 there is updates that need to be done, if so open up changes wait a few seconds then hit update or whatever it says in the upper right corner. i was having tons of issues with mine installing my themes and winterboard yesterday after the fresh jb.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR