Cydia: Cannot Locate Package (server overload?)

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a message on all packages I try to install that says "Cannot Locate Package." I just did the Absinthe 2.0 JB for 5.1.1 and everything went fine. I refreshed Cydia manually and still can't get it. If I add a non-default source, it finds packages within that just fine.

Are the Cydia source servers just overloaded right now? Is there something I need to fix? THANKS!

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It finally found a package, Bitesms, but it is taking quite a while to download. I'm guessing it's just the servers being bombarded.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been able to install anything past SpringFlash today. No SBSettings, no FolderEnhancer. It all fails out with request timeouts or server errors, sounds like servers are getting hammered.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I notice a lot of errors, but slowly things have been coming back. Try closing the Cydia app completely, then refreshing under packages.Also, when you try to download an app, it will initially come back with an error. Just try it again and it will work properly. Must be a bug or overload for sure.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just give it time and everything will get back to normal. All my items have loaded back up and are working perfect.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Cydia went down for a bit due to the overwhelming traffic. I am updating and jailbreaking today so I hope some of the bottleneck has been alleviated by now and I can get my stuff reinstalled. :)

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Cydia went down for a bit due to the overwhelming traffic. I am updating and jailbreaking today so I hope some of the bottleneck has been alleviated by now and I can get my stuff reinstalled. :)

you should be ok, downloaded intelliscreenX a little while ago with no issues. did some themes before that without issues as well.

WooPig45

May 28, 2012
Visit site
i got a few packages to download till cydia crashed, do i need to install rock to get my wi to work right? and can i get my old mywi acount back or do i have to pay again?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
by the way guys until now i still cannot download anything from default cydia package. for example barel, intellix, activator, sb setting, any body can help me with this?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I deleted the corrupt files that were showing in the Cydia error message using iFile then I went into Cydia and deleted the corrupt repo and everything is working fine now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox