Absinthe 2.0.1 is now available!

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4s (Verizon) jailbreak was painless enough. I was at 5.0.1 with a jailbreak. Backed up with AptBackup and iTunes, restored to 5.1.1, and ran Absinthe 2.0.1,

But now when in Cydia, I get error messages that it "Cannot Locate Package." (e.g., com.bigboss.aptbackup). Hopefully this is just due to the spike in traffic. If not, and someone can offer a fix, it would be appreciated.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4s (Verizon) jailbreak was painless enough. I was at 5.0.1 with a jailbreak. Backed up with AptBackup and iTunes, restored to 5.1.1, and ran Absinthe 2.0.1,

But now when in Cydia, I get error messages that it "Cannot Locate Package." (e.g., com.bigboss.aptbackup). Hopefully this is just due to the spike in traffic. If not, and someone can offer a fix, it would be appreciated.

Hang tight, it will be alright after one or two... weeks :D

Reactions: djg21

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
hi there.. One question to you guys..

yesterday I made jb with 2.0.0 to my 4S and it's working well till now except some server errors which lovely Cydia server causes.. I dont have any other issues except that.. Do you think I should jb again with using 2.0.1 ?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
hi there.. One question to you guys..

yesterday I made jb with 2.0.0 to my 4S and it's working well till now except some server errors which lovely Cydia server causes.. I dont have any other issues except that.. Do you think I should jb again with using 2.0.1 ?

The server errors are just that - server errors. Your device is just fine :)

Reactions: canguler87

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot. Any suggestions?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot. Any suggestions?

Follow this tutorial that i created earlier, just to be clear. You must be running IOS 5.1.1:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/235043-jailbreaking-5-1-1-a.html#post1878115

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hang tight, it will be alright after one or two... weeks :D

Everything is good. You were right. AptBackup restored almost everything on its own last night, and Cydia started responding early this morning.

All my Cydia tweaks work just fine, I obviously didn;t install those that no longer are necessary such as iPhotofix for 5.0.1, or UpdateHider. It's nice to have access to Pages and iPhoto without having to screw with the system configuration plist. And while I have never had battery problems, hopefully the battery life is better with the jailbroken 5.1.1.

JoshB410

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Follow this tutorial that i created earlier, just to be clear. You must be running IOS 5.1.1:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/235043-jailbreaking-5-1-1-a.html#post1878115

In the tutorial:

if you?re on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you?ll need to right click Absinthe, set the compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and run it as an administrator

Is this 100% required? I have Windows 7 64bit. Should I...
Turn compatibility mode on
Set it to Windows XP SP2
Then run it as administrator?

EDIT:

Didn't do anything with the Compatibility settings. Jailbreaking took 2 minutes, no issues.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2