Not changing Icons

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded several themes from Cydia that specifically show icons that are changed. The one I liked the most is called Nothing To Worry About. It has text Icons. I downloaded it and ran it through WInterboard and the original iOS icons are there, not the NTWA icons. Any ideas?

I've attached two pictures. One is what the theme developer says. One is my actual screen shot.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
first and foremost, winterboard works in a hierarchy system. so within winterboard move the desired theme to the top of your list... sometimes respring too

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
might need to do a little researching on that specific theme to make sure it supports 5.1.x

one thing to remember, not only with themes but anything JB related, Devs are not regulated so they can create a theme/tweak from 3 years ago and never update

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
might need to do a little researching on that specific theme to make sure it supports 5.1.x

one thing to remember, not only with themes but anything JB related, Devs are not regulated so they can create a theme/tweak from 3 years ago and never update

Gotcha. it said it worked on my iOS, but none of the themes I've downloaded have changed icons. I've downloaded that one, 3 hockey ones and a pink one and nothing. Icons are the stock iOS ones.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
huh.. to be honest i have not messed with Winterboard for a while but i'm sure it has to be something simple

hopefully Massie, or someone, can chime in to help resolve this

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
huh.. to be honest i have not messed with Winterboard for a while but i'm sure it has to be something simple

hopefully Massie, or someone, can chime in to help resolve this

It was. For anyone else who might have this problem. Go into Winterboard and make sure the option to to run in Summerboard mode is turned on. It sort of solved the issue for me and I hope it does for everyone else with the same stupid circumstances. It worked, but only about half of my icons changed to the text ones.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been finding the same problem. Of all of the icons/themes I have tried, only one worked. And yes, this is with the hierarchy system in place and movine the theme to the top of the list. I have tried a couple of docks that didn't work either. I am thinking its the ios 5...maybe its not supported...?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
With every iOS firmware change, Apple changes how icons are named and also their resolution sizes.
I had a modified them (jmac) working on iOS 4 and then when my 4S was jailbroken to iOS 5.0.1, I had to rename a couple of icons via iFile to show the change. Now, with iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak and firmware, the same icon didn't work. I soon found out that for example with the Mail stock icon, they added another image and also changed the resolution. Since iOS 5 came out, I rarely find winterboard themes that are updated to work with iOS 5.

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this as well and it is irksome to say the least. Btw, does anyone know where the image for the 4g icon is located? It being there annoys me to no end and I would love to replace it.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this as well and it is irksome to say the least. Btw, does anyone know where the image for the 4g icon is located? It being there annoys me to no end and I would love to replace it.

4G icon should be located in the top left corner, next to the signal strength. I've since downloaded a tweak from Cydia that changes my 3G icon to a red Razorback when I'm on 3G and a white Razorback when I'm off 3G. I've seen tweaks in Cydia that change 3G to 6G and similar, so if you're wanting to change, just search.

Reactions: itechyou

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had this very same issue with every theme I've tried. Only some change, not all. It's frustrating to say the least as that is one of the main reasons I jb.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had this very same issue with every theme I've tried. Only some change, not all. It's frustrating to say the least as that is one of the main reasons I jb.

Which is why I haven't themed mine again. My main reason for JBing was so I could have something similar to BeWeather on my iPhone.

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
4G icon should be located in the top left corner, next to the signal strength. I've since downloaded a tweak from Cydia that changes my 3G icon to a red Razorback when I'm on 3G and a white Razorback when I'm off 3G. I've seen tweaks in Cydia that change 3G to 6G and similar, so if you're wanting to change, just search.

Thank you for that, made me chuckle. I meant where within the file system it is stored. None of the tweaks I have tried to change the 3g icon currently seem to be working so far, I have made a new icon I would love to use in its place.

jamend81

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with the icons. What did it for me is that I checked the transparent dock in winterboard then respring and it worked fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2