Save your 5.1.1 SHSH blobs, peeps!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
we all know that Apple will more than likely be closing the latest exploit so save them while you can!

just saw that Cydia has already saved mine :)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question - how do you know Cydia saved them? Is there an app? I'm about to JB in a few minutes when the air repair guys get out of my office.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
we all know that Apple will more than likely be closing the latest exploit so save them while you can!

just saw that Cydia has already saved mine :)

Can you save them using Redsn0w Blink or, now that Cydia has them. Am I ok? :confused: Can't remember how i did this before on my iPhone 4. :confused:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You use tinyumbrella or Redsn0w to fetch them, then you save them.

Just trying to remember how I did it before myself with Redsn0w.

But yeah, redsnow or tinyumbrella. ;)

To verify and see your blobs on Cydia using redsn0w:

Launch redsn0w. Click Extras, then SHSH. Fetch will pull your blobs and send them to Cydia. Query will tell you what blobs you have on Cydia. Redsn0w can use them directly off the server for a restore.

To pull them off Cydia with TinyUmbrella: Launch the latest TinyUmbrella, click on advance, check the box that says "Pull SHSH from Cydia", plug in your phone and hit save. To be sure, uncheck this box and do it again. Sometimes this will save blobs that Cydia doesn't have.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1982ollie and BLiNK

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Quick question for you guys. Should I simply update my 5.0.1 JB iphone 4s or choose 'restore' and wipe the whole unit clean?

What about my saved games?! :p

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Quick question for you guys. Should I simply update my 5.0.1 JB iphone 4s or choose 'restore' and wipe the whole unit clean?

Use AppBackup to backup your apps, then do a clean install (through iTunes, not OTA) of iOS 5.1.1

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
To verify and see your blobs on Cydia using redsn0w:

Launch redsn0w. Click Extras, then SHSH. Fetch will pull your blobs and send them to Cydia. Query will tell you what blobs you have on Cydia. Redsn0w can use them directly off the server for a restore.

To pull them off Cydia with TinyUmbrella: Launch the latest TinyUmbrella, click on advance, check the box that says "Pull SHSH from Cydia", plug in your phone and hit save. To be sure, uncheck this box and do it again. Sometimes this will save blobs that Cydia doesn't have.

Hope this helps!

you know, for a chick? you are on it! :)

Reactions: Laelipoo

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Just update buddy. But if you are already running a jailbreak that works, there is no real reason to update right now unless you really want to.

If you do, just make sure you save your shsh blob file or check Cydia has it saved.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so for "average" jailbreakers, can someone explain this whole SHSH blobs thing to me and what it's all about?

I currently have a JB on 5.0.1 and am considering moving to JB on 5.1.1. What are the advantages/disadvantes of saving or not saving SHSH blobs (whatever those are...)?

Thanks!!! :D

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so for "average" jailbreakers, can someone explain this whole SHSH blobs thing to me and what it's all about?

I currently have a JB on 5.0.1 and am considering moving to JB on 5.1.1. What are the advantages/disadvantes of saving or not saving SHSH blobs (whatever those are...)?

Basically the SHSH/blobs are Apple's signature. It's for one serial number. Every time you restore, Apple checks the blobs to approve of your restore-aka to see if it's legit. But if you save the blobs, you can restore to a version they're not actively signing. That way if you accidentally update to an OS you cannot jailbreak, you can go backwards, or restore to your current version if it's not being signed. They're rather important to have, as this is the only way to restore to something other than the active OS that is out.

Blink and 1982ollie, thanks. I think. :p

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Saving them is a safety net if apple patches the exploit, If for any reason you need to restore apple can put the patched version on your device and you wouldn't be able to jailbreak until a new one was released.

It's a Jailbreak Cock-Block essentially.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Saving them is a safety net if apple patches the exploit, If for any reason you need to restore apple can put the patched version on your device and you wouldn't be able to jailbreak until a new one was released.

It's a Jailbreak Cock-Block essentially.

<3 ........

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen