Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It is not working for me. I am on 5.1.1 and the jailbreak does not go beyond the "sending initial date" window pop-up. Then I get a window telling that absinthe has stopped working. I am on Windows 7. I have no idea what to do next :(

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried using absinthe for my ip4 and it kept saying it was a 3 so I ended up using redsn0w to jb then download the untether in cydia. I used absinthe with my sisters ip4s and it jail broke it in 8 minutes.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It is not working for me. I am on 5.1.1 and the jailbreak does not go beyond the "sending initial date" window pop-up. Then I get a window telling that absinthe has stopped working. I am on Windows 7. I have no idea what to do next :(

When did you update to 5.1.1? Was it when it first came out or was it recently?

Also are you using the latest version of Absinthe which is 2.0.2?

That is probably casuing you a problem because there are two versions of 5.1.1 and one probably isn't compatible with Abinthe.

So to try and get around this problem. Make sure that you are running the newist version of 5.1.1. Best way to do this, is by restoring you iPhone via itunes back to factory default. Make sure you make a back first by right clicking on your phone in iTunes and click backup.

Then restore, then run Absinthe making sure it is 2.0.2.

See how this goes and if you are still experincing problems - Come back to us here - Good luck. ;)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got an update of the RockyRacoon 5.1.1 untether via Cydia... for whatever that's worth...

And iBlacklist had an update come out too.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

You can jailbreak your iPhone using the Redsn0w method here:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/235043-jailbreaking-5-1-1-a.html#post1879191

There where two versions of 5.1.1 for the iPhone 4 GSM. The Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 untether has been updated for both versions. So it is now compatible for both builds.

Therefore I'm very sure this method will work for jailbreaking you device. ;)

manofice1

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
idk about the jailbreak, it seems to be unstable on the wifes 4S. She was just calling someone and then it froze and only allowed phone calls through siri, the screen was just black. And her music kept messing up, it would play 2 songs then freeze, etc.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
idk about the jailbreak, it seems to be unstable on the wifes 4S. She was just calling someone and then it froze and only allowed phone calls through siri, the screen was just black. And her music kept messing up, it would play 2 songs then freeze, etc.

more than likely there was a conflict with something
__

my phone actually froze today as well. even to the point of me having to reboot/hard reset. this is when i get to the point of asking myself "is it really worth it?"

nukiller777

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Why does Absinthe JB require restore immediately after JB?

Hi

The Absinthe instructions (on greenpois0n.com) sez you should restore you iDevice from iTunes immediately after running the JB.

Does that mean this JB is not reversible. I already did it and did the restore, and it did not reverse the jailbreak.

Anyone?:confused:

manofice1

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
more than likely there was a conflict with something
__

my phone actually froze today as well. even to the point of me having to reboot/hard reset. this is when i get to the point of asking myself "is it really worth it?"

After looking what I installed I believe you are correct. I think the problem was with an app called "Unfold"

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
After looking what I installed I believe you are correct. I think the problem was with an app called "Unfold"

Yep Unfold caused crashing and other problems for me too. As soon as I removed it, my iPhone was fine again, then I added it back, after they updated it, and the problems started again.

Sent from my VZW iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ssandler77

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Absinthe Updates???

I am relatively new to jailbreaking. I keep seeing updates to Absinthe - Do I need to rerun the jailbreak with the updated version?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi

The Absinthe instructions (on greenpois0n.com) sez you should restore you iDevice from iTunes immediately after running the JB.

Does that mean this JB is not reversible. I already did it and did the restore, and it did not reverse the jailbreak.

Anyone?:confused:

no, you are reading it incorrectly. right from the Absinthe readme notes:

USAGE: (MacOSX, Windows & Linux)

1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the 'Devices' menu and click 'Back Up'.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click 'Jailbreak' and wait... just be patient and do not disconnect your device!
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!

nukiller777

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I still dont get it

Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)

Wasn't the backup taken before JB. If i restore it, why does it not remove JB?

Or, in other words, how is this procedure different from reversing JB?

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
hello guys, anybody can help me here? i already finish the jailbreak i jailbreak my ipad2 32g 3g , and 2 other iphone4 for my friend. i got a problem in my ipad2 that the big boss repo and the zottd didnt have any content in it and when i want to install sb setting, winter board, lock info, activator it cannot install with the note that cannot find package. this problem only appear in my ipad2 the other iphone 4 didn't have this kind of problem. need help please.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
777. You're confusing backup with restore. Backup simply saves your apps and previous settings and puts them back on your phone. It doesn't affect the jailbreak or alter the operating system. A restore will erase all the jailbreak info and revert a phone back to the stock OS. So when you restore a backup, all you're doing is putting the apps and other info back on your phone that you backed up before. It won't delete the jailbreak data.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative