Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried it this morning but Absinthe 2.0 wouldn't work so after 4 trys I gave up. This afternoon I used 2.0.1, didn't erase my data, and it worked like a charm. It took a little longer to dl the packages from Cydia but now everything is back to normal.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
absinthe is detecting my iphone 4 as a 3. what do i do?

Mate, don't use Absinthe. Use Redsn0w to apply a tethered jailbreak. Once Cydia installed. Go in and search for Rocky Raccoon un-tether 5.1.1 and then you will be fully jailbroken, untethered.

This is the best result for a4 devices like the iPhone 4 & 3GS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: mikah15

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
whole thing is so confusing for the moment i'm just gonna leave it jailbroken at 5.0.1. i'm not sure what i'm doing and everyones is not working well. Honestly this shouldn't be this hard. should be one click, do the rest, backup, restore blah blah blah.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
whole thing is so confusing for the moment i'm just gonna leave it jailbroken at 5.0.1. i'm not sure what i'm doing and everyones is not working well. Honestly this shouldn't be this hard. should be one click, do the rest, backup, restore blah blah blah.

It's not that tricky its just different as the whole thing need to unzipp fully and that takes a while. But if you are running 5.0.1, then I would update. There is no real reason to. If you where running something like 4.3.5, then I would recommend you to update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I really didn't think it was hard and I was hungover.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I really didn't think it was hard and I was hungover.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

i don't mean the process. I mean there are instructions on the absinthe site. the problem is there are 27 pages of posts of people having problems. The absinthe site says clear all your data. i've seen several posts saying theirs worked when they didn't clear their data. There was also a new apple update and i've no clue if that's for my sprint one and i've read that one is not jailbreakable. but honestly nothing that works should have 27 pages of screw ups on day one. Oh and there was a recent post where somebody used absinth 2.0 and it didn't work 4 times. then he used 2.0.1 or 2.1 i forget the number but it worked. Honestly i'll wait. not sure the hassle is worth the risk of screwing up something that ain't broke at the moment.

i came from webos. i fricken hate webos. I wanted to throw that phone on the cement and i'd do it if i didn't need a back up spare. But one think i like was using preware was dead fricken simple. you like run one program and there you go. you can install apps. They could use an all in one solution.

but i digress. maybe it's just me but having to clear all my data is a horrible idea. i got 40GBs of music and playlists and crap. I'm not looking forward to that either. hell the only reason i jailbroke in the first place was cause stupid fricken itunes deleted all the music off my iphone without warning me. I mean seriously. you'd think essentially wiping almost 45GBs of data would be something they'd warn you for. of course i have backups but that is one thing i hate about the way apple does stuff. hte most iportant **** on my phone is deleted without warning. hell Windows warns me before deleting one fricken photo. rant over. But i'm gonna give it a day or so and see if a consensus on the best process get's worked out.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
but i digress. maybe it's just me but having to clear all my data is a horrible idea. i got 40GBs of music and playlists and crap. I'm not looking forward to that either. hell the only reason i jailbroke in the first place was cause stupid fricken itunes deleted all the music off my iphone without warning me. I mean seriously. you'd think essentially wiping almost 45GBs of data would be something they'd warn you for. of course i have backups but that is one thing i hate about the way apple does stuff. hte most iportant **** on my phone is deleted without warning. hell Windows warns me before deleting one fricken photo. rant over. But i'm gonna give it a day or so and see if a consensus on the best process get's worked out.

Was your phone ever restored from a backup - especially of a previous device -- especially a jailbroken one?

I ask because my new iPad kept deleting/losing ALL of my music from the device. I returned it for a new one because it would eliminate a couple of really big potential factors, then used the new one WITHOUT restoring from the backup. It's been over a month and not a single music file (that I've noticed) has gone away.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Is the 5.1.1 activated/unlockable for none official carriers, I'm using a iPhone 4 GSM model on 5.0.1 Gevey Sim Unlock

Sorry you did say 5.0.1.

In that case buddy I would stay as you are because 5.1.1 hasn't been out that long and there is much in it that is different to 5.0.1.

Unless you really need 5.1.1 for a reason. I would stay as you are, which is what I'm doing with my iPhone 4. ;)

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot. Any suggestions?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot. Any suggestions?

I didn't have that problem but fwiw... Mine would cease all progress very shortly after getting started on my Windows 7 x64 pc. Others have had no problem with this operating system but when I switched to my pc with Windows XP, it worked the first time. I tried several times on the Win 7 machine.

By the way, as you might have guessed, the XP pc is several years old. The Windows 7 machine is several weeks old.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Is the 5.1.1 activated/unlockable for none official carriers, I'm using a iPhone 4 GSM model on 5.0.1 Gevey Sim Unlock

I'm pretty sure it does? But i will check.
Are you currently jailbroken? Coz if you are, You may be better staying as you are.
What IOS are you running now?
What is you baseband?

I will have a look for you. ;)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Sorry you did say 5.0.1.

In that case buddy I would stay as you are because 5.1.1 hasn't been out that long and there isn't much in it that is different to 5.0.1.

Unless you really need 5.1.1 for a reason. I would stay as you are, which is what I'm doing with my iPhone 4. ;)

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused here on why there are so many problems. Is it just the 4S or the 4?I Just did this jailbreak and it was the easiest one ever. No DFU mode, no nothing, All the stock apps and settings came back and I did nothing other than upgrading to 5.1.1 before applying the JB.

Has anyone noticed an improvement in battery life since going to 5.1.1? I thought one of the fixes this version was to have improved some issue with battery life but not sure. I'll have to see if the new release makes a difference.

Lots of people where jailbreaking for the first time. That was one of the problems.

Also, with the first release of Absinthe. There was a little bug which has been fixed now.

But yes you are right, it is probably the easiest jailbreak I have ever used to. :)

Battery issue's. Not really noticed much, but it does depend on how many tweaks you have installed. Plus Winterboard is a big battery drainer!! ;)

Last edited:

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused here on why there are so many problems. Is it just the 4S or the 4?I Just did this jailbreak and it was the easiest one ever. No DFU mode, no nothing, All the stock apps, music videos and settings came back and I did nothing other than upgrading to 5.1.1 before applying the JB.

Has anyone noticed an improvement in battery life since going to 5.1.1? I thought one of the fixes this version was to have improved some issue with battery life but not sure. I'll have to see if the new release makes a difference.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen