Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I guess not really, maybe its a case of the latest and the greatest lol. I guess Ill wait. But am I correct, that the device needs to be upgraded to 5.1 first and them JB?

Yes, via iTunes buddy. Some people like to start from scratch. Wipe phone and start again, when you've been jailbroken before. Thats the best option, but you can just upgrade then jailbreak if you want.

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Had nothing but issues on my home comp this morning with the JB. Copied the absinthe file to my flash drive and will try again tdy @ work to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with absinthe, have you tried to manually select the .ipsw you downloaded prior to attempting the jailbreak? Mine failed twice before I thought to go that route thru itunes then ran absinthe again and it worked flawliessly.

bielefeld

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
a lot of people are having problems and so did I
but what fixed it for me was how I initially restored.
You have to restore (full restore) from itunes with the 5.1.1 ipsw file.

Sync your backup, select the appropriate restore file (5.1.1) and begin the restore process. Afterward, activate your iphone 4s. And then start the jailbreak. I did it this way and it all worked first time.

It's the restore. Don't wipe from the phone. USE ITUNES and restore from the 5.1.1 ipsw. Hope this helps everyone

THIS WORKED!!! THANK YOU! Finally Jailbroken!

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
My friend with a stock 5.1.1 firmware on his iphone 4 GSM phone couldn't get Absinthe to work. I walked him through using redsn0w to do a tethered jailbreak and then he installed Rocky Raccoon from Cydia to make it untethered. This should be a better option on non A5 devices if Absinthe doesn't work for you.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Find/download a 'new' ipsw file for the 5.1.1 - and hit 'option' while clicking restore in iTunes and navigate to your 'new' ipsw file... that's what finally made it work for me.

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
well it seemed and worked smooth for me when I first jb my 4S. But when I try to install a tweak, package, etc. I'm getting internal server error or Hash Sum Mismatch at the end.. (while installing SBSettings) Maybe it could be sth. unrelated but can anyone inform me about that how can I solve that issue?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
well it seemed and worked smooth for me when I first jb my 4S. But when I try to install a tweak, package, etc. I'm getting internal server error or Hash Sum Mismatch at the end.. (while installing SBSettings) Maybe it could be sth. unrelated but can anyone inform me about that how can I solve that issue?

Patience is about all that will solve cydia issues for the short-term. Rode hard, put up wet.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Cydia is overwhelmed right now and cannot load packages. That is what those errors mean. Give it some time, then try again. You should be able to download your packages then.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Updated my iPad 3 to 5.1.1 via the Settings app, backed up but did not do the erase jailbreak restore thing, just jailbroke it. Working great, no issues. It does seem like my battery is draining faster though, but I'll have to do some tests to make sure it's not just a fluke. Wish the battery widget for notification center showed how much power was being drained, much like the status in MyWi

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
This is not the day to be browsing themes.

Hopefully people can stick to the more important tweaks and let the servers have a break haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro