Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Question about actually applying 5.1.1. I'm currently on a JB'd iPhone4 running 5.0.1.

When I do the wipe/restore settings...am I supposed to manually upgrade it to 5.1.1 before or after that step? Or does Absinthe take care of upgrading whatever OS you are currently on and taking you to 5.1.1 itself?

You must upgrade!

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm...i have been stuck on the "Waiting for reboot" window for a while now...my phone does the "reboot" but nothing happens...already i have restore the phone since absinthe read lockdown error -5
after i unplug the phone....

anyone can help me with this issue?

thanks!

edt: i am on 5.1.1 and mac os x

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying jailbreak for the umpteenth time, keep getting Hmm... message. This time it seems to have hung on Waiting for reboot... for like 20 mins. Not sure what to do now...do I just keep waiting? Also has anyone running Windows 7 had any success?

Are you running 5.1.1 and absinthe 2.0?

bielefeld

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Verizon 64 GB iPhone 4S. I followed all the steps in the readme file. When that didn't work I tried restoring from backup and jailbreaking again. Still failed.... I don't know what to do. Might just wait and see if an update comes out.....

malemansd

May 25, 2012
Visit site
You must upgrade!

Thanks for the response. Seems like they really should have included that simple step in their instructions! Waiting till I get home from work to actually try this.

So I wonder if a better way of doing this would be to plug your phone into iTunes, let it backup while your still running <5.1.1 OS.

Then let ITunes do it's "Restore" function to wipe your phone and install latest OS, which will be 5.1.1.

Or do you REALLY need to go through the Wipe Device/Reset settings settings on the phone itself? Doesn't a Restore in iTunes essentially do the same thing while at the same time upgrading to 5.1.1?

bcaliver

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same problems as other people with the 4S :( The phone reboots, but the bar in the loader on the phone does not go up all the way, and the phone restores due to a failed jb

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Seems like they really should have included that simple step in their instructions! Waiting till I get home from work to actually try this.

So I wonder if a better way of doing this would be to plug your phone into iTunes, let it backup while your still running <5.1.1 OS.

Then let ITunes do it's "Restore" function to wipe your phone and install latest OS, which will be 5.1.1.

Or do you REALLY need to go through the Wipe Device/Reset settings settings on the phone itself? Doesn't a Restore in iTunes essentially do the same thing while at the same time upgrading to 5.1.1?

All you need to do is go into itunes. Update you software. Then jailbreak, that is all.

This jailbreak tool is only for 5.1.1.

yankeedemon2793

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
it just reboots like normal for me nothing is installed and followed the direction to the T ... it also says my device is a iphone 3 when its a iphone 4 cdma.... WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR