- 05-29-2012, 10:55 AM #326
- 05-29-2012, 11:41 AM #327
There where two versions of 5.1.1 for the iPhone 4 GSM. The Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 untether has been updated for both versions. So it is now compatible for both builds.
Therefore I'm very sure this method will work for jailbreaking you device.
- 05-29-2012, 02:03 PM #328
idk about the jailbreak, it seems to be unstable on the wifes 4S. She was just calling someone and then it froze and only allowed phone calls through siri, the screen was just black. And her music kept messing up, it would play 2 songs then freeze, etc.
- idk about the jailbreak, it seems to be unstable on the wifes 4S. She was just calling someone and then it froze and only allowed phone calls through siri, the screen was just black. And her music kept messing up, it would play 2 songs then freeze, etc.
my phone actually froze today as well. even to the point of me having to reboot/hard reset. this is when i get to the point of asking myself "is it really worth it?"
- 05-30-2012, 02:44 AM #330
Why does Absinthe JB require restore immediately after JB?
The Absinthe instructions (on greenpois0n.com) sez you should restore you iDevice from iTunes immediately after running the JB.
Does that mean this JB is not reversible. I already did it and did the restore, and it did not reverse the jailbreak.
- 05-30-2012, 06:40 AM #331
- 05-30-2012, 07:25 AM #332
- 05-30-2012, 07:42 AM #333
- 05-30-2012, 08:15 AM #334
USAGE: (MacOSX, Windows & Linux)
1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the 'Devices' menu and click 'Back Up'.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click 'Jailbreak' and wait... just be patient and do not disconnect your device!
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
- 05-30-2012, 09:37 AM #338
I still dont get it
Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)
Wasn't the backup taken before JB. If i restore it, why does it not remove JB?
Or, in other words, how is this procedure different from reversing JB?
- 05-30-2012, 09:44 AM #339iPhone Nanite
- 8 Posts
hello guys, anybody can help me here? i already finish the jailbreak i jailbreak my ipad2 32g 3g , and 2 other iphone4 for my friend. i got a problem in my ipad2 that the big boss repo and the zottd didnt have any content in it and when i want to install sb setting, winter board, lock info, activator it cannot install with the note that cannot find package. this problem only appear in my ipad2 the other iphone 4 didn't have this kind of problem. need help please.
- 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM #340
777. You're confusing backup with restore. Backup simply saves your apps and previous settings and puts them back on your phone. It doesn't affect the jailbreak or alter the operating system. A restore will erase all the jailbreak info and revert a phone back to the stock OS. So when you restore a backup, all you're doing is putting the apps and other info back on your phone that you backed up before. It won't delete the jailbreak data.
- 05-30-2012, 10:09 AM #341
- 05-30-2012, 10:14 AM #342
Secondly, when you open Cydia and it says loading packages at the top. Are you waiting for them all to load and then for Cydia to refresh.
Thirdly, try removing the repo an adding it again.
This is probably due to the servers being overloaded. Try it first the in the morning or last thing at night. When the servers are not in peek traffic time.
- 05-30-2012, 10:21 AM #343
Does that help you understand it a little better.
Also just to give you a tip - If you update your IOS in the future, it will right over your jailbreak just like if you restore your device to factory settings.
- 05-30-2012, 10:23 AM #344
- 05-30-2012, 01:33 PM #345
- 05-30-2012, 04:23 PM #346
well i finally bit the bullet and jailbroke. I still say it's quite a confusing process with tons of people saying different things. this is what worked for me.
Iphone 4s, sprint, jailbroken only to 5.0.1 (windows laptop), itunes 10.5.0.142
tried the absinthe instructions but keep hitting problems various points.
I backup my podcasts by saving the omph file (or however you spell it)
then cause the instructions said upgrade to the latest. I tried to update my iphone over the air. That failed. I tried to update through itunes. It downloaded, extracted, then failed to install. Error 3194 I think.
Through google searching i found out i needed to "clear my host file of an apple.com reference." So i had to find my host file. I navigated to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and opened the file in notepad and deleted the line. "188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com" at the bottom. Then i saved the file. I restarted the computer. I tried to update the my iphone again through itunes. And Itunes updated the iphone just fine to 5.1.1. Note. this update too maybe 15 minutes total. It seemed to hang at "waiting for iphone" and the iphone showed that the meter on the screen had not started moving. I kinda thought it was broken but i gave it time. I came back maybe ten minutes later and itunes had changed it's message to updating so i knew at least it hadn't hung even though my iphone still kinda looked unresponsive. It eventually finished updating just fine. Now all my jailbreak was gone but some old apps where there but they just crashed when you tried to use them.
Next i ran the absinthe 2.0.2 jailbreak and just let it go. It jailbroke just fine. Then i ran cydia once and it said updating packages or framework or something. Sorry i forget but cydia updated something. Oh and then cydia asked me about a raccoon untethered jailbreak. I did it but again that wasn't meantioned in any of the instructions i read so it was kinda confusing. I'd already installed an untethered jailbreak. I had no clue what that was. And i never had to do it the first time i jailbroke. So i was kinda confused. Regardless i did it and it worked fine.
Now the jailbreak apps that crashed worked again. I didn't even have to update them. All the jailbreak app settings were still there. All the itunes settings and all my photos were still in the phone. Same wallpaper. my music was still there. Even when i reinstalled SB settings the sbsettings settings were still there. I read a couple different instructions on imore and greenpoison but i pretty much had to fill in the big blanks and skip stuff they said do but others said don't do. But now everything seems to work fine.
Last edited by 9thWonder; 05-30-2012 at 05:15 PM.
- 05-31-2012, 09:02 AM #347
I did it but again that wasn't meantioned in any of the instructions i read so it was kinda confusing. I'd already installed an untethered jailbreak. I had no clue what that was. And i never had to do it the first time i jailbroke. So i was kinda confused. Regardless i did it and it worked fine.
- 05-31-2012, 09:28 AM #349