iPhone iOS 5.1.1 Absinthe Untethered jailbreak

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
ha! the views on this thread are gonna be ridiculous!

I for one will debate whether I want to do this JB or not. I'm on 5.0.1 JB but dont want to lose all the tweeks, downloads etc from Cydia and other places if I need to upgrade to 5.1.1 first then do the JB.. we'll see...

I was just passing on information that I saw via Twitter...;)

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I for one will debate whether I want to do this JB or not. I'm on 5.0.1 JB but dont want to lose all the tweeks, downloads etc from Cydia and other places if I need to upgrade to 5.1.1 first then do the JB.. we'll see...

I was just passing on information that I saw via Twitter...;)

I think I'm gonna be upgrading and re-JBing. Been having battery issues as of late, supposedly 5.1 fixes some of those issues. Can't make them much worse can it?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm gonna be upgrading and re-JBing. Been having battery issues as of late, supposedly 5.1 fixes some of those issues. Can't make them much worse can it?

when you update to 5.1.1 make sure to set up as new phone, you will be glad you did

when i first went to 5.1.1 i did it via OTA and my battery performance was the same as 5.1 . so i restored/set up as new phone and gained, on an average, of about 1.5 hrs usage! not saying that you will have the same results with your setup but it should show that there is indeed improvement IF you set up as new!

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
@Dysprosia follow him on twitter if you want more news, as pod2g is busy this is the best way to get any info on this new jb we are waiting for

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep:

“@Dysprosia: Pod2g will announce the jailbreak Friday through absinthe 2.0”

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
when you update to 5.1.1 make sure to set up as new phone, you will be glad you did

when i first went to 5.1.1 i did it via OTA and my battery performance was the same as 5.1 . so i restored/set up as new phone and gained, on an average, of about 1.5 hrs usage! not saying that you will have the same results with your setup but it should show that there is indeed improvement IF you set up as new!

Ok, some simple questions then.

1) will I be able to save/reinstall all my themes/tweeks, etc that I've installed via Cydia if I "restore/set up as new phone", update to 5.1.1 and re-JB?
2) I'm assuming all the programs installed via iTunes can be re-installed after the restore/re-JB?
3) will messages/mail/calendar/texts, etc be saved when I do a backup in iTunes?
4) i've installed many programs and as I'm sure we all have, gone through and set the settings just how we like them.. I'm afraid that doing this re-JB will lose all those settings. I guess I could go through each program and note the settings, but that seems like a lot of work.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, some simple questions then.

1) will I be able to save/reinstall all my themes/tweeks, etc that I've installed via Cydia if I "restore/set up as new phone", update to 5.1.1 and re-JB?
2) I'm assuming all the programs installed via iTunes can be re-installed after the restore/re-JB?
3) will messages/mail/calendar/texts, etc be saved when I do a backup in iTunes?
4) i've installed many programs and as I'm sure we all have, gone through and set the settings just how we like them.. I'm afraid that doing this re-JB will lose all those settings. I guess I could go through each program and note the settings, but that seems like a lot of work.

What you need to do is switch all of you iCloud settings on and that will take care of your messages/mail/calendars/contacts/texts, etc

Restore your phone, and then switch on iCloud if you haven?t already done so. Restore from your backup if you choose to. For all your settings, app data, Cydia tweaks and settings you can use xBackup from Cydia. It?s really good to be fair, I posted about it early but that was regarding updating and re-jailbreaking. NOT setting up as new phone. Here is my earlier post. If you are going to set up as new phone. Ignore that part about restoring from backup in iTunes.

See my post here for more idea's: http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/234850-after-jb-do-i-have-re-install-apps.html

Hope it helps ;)

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
What you need to do is switch all of you iCloud settings on and that will take care of your messages/mail/calendars/contacts/texts, etc

Restore your phone, and then switch on iCloud if you haven?t already done so. Restore from your backup if you choose to. For all your settings, app data, Cydia tweaks and settings you can use xBackup from Cydia. It?s really good to be fair, I posted about it early but that was regarding updating and re-jailbreaking. NOT setting up as new phone. Here is my earlier post. If you are going to set up as new phone. Ignore that part about restoring from backup in iTunes.

See my post here for more idea's: http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/234850-after-jb-do-i-have-re-install-apps.html

Hope it helps ;)

Thanks Ollie!! I'll check that out for sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods