Trouble uninstalling cydia tweaks

Airforcebob

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone earlier today I went to install a safari download plugin however while it was installing I received a script error and a post removal error. I respringed, then went back into cydia where it gave me the "half downloaded error screen, ignore or force clear etc". Then I went to uninstall the tweak and I received the same error. Now no cydia app or tweak will install or uninstall without the same script errors. Is there any fix to this or do I just need to do a iTunes restore? And if I need to restore how do I avoid having to upgrade to iOS 5.1. Thanks

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
If you have to restore you will loose jailbreak. Good news is the 5.1.1 Absinthe v2 jailbreak tool is imminent. Have you tried (re)installing said plugin?

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
have you tried rebooting your device via holding down home button/lock button? Thats usually fixed installation errors for me.

Airforcebob

May 22, 2012
Visit site
have you tried rebooting your device via holding down home button/lock button? Thats usually fixed installation errors for me.

Well, I went into safe mode and I believe it had to reboot to enter safe mode. But no I never physically held down the home key and did a manual reboot. I read on tech site that you could unistall it in safe mode however that didn't work ethier. So I just did a iTunes restore after hearing that pod2g's untethered 5.1 jailbreak should be out by Friday. Stay away from the tweak safaridownplugin IOS 5. Messed me up!!!

Reactions: sherlock

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2