Jailbroken 5.01 going to 5.1.1...easiest way to transition?

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
With Pod2G's announcement of the upcoming release of an untethered JB for the 4S on 5.1.1, I was curious what the best and easiest way is to transition from one JB to the next? I'm still new to JB'ing, so maybe someone with experience can shed light on this procedure.
I am figuring I would simply:
1) Use APT Backup to save a list of my Cydia apps to Cydia for easy reference
2) Backup SSH to Tiny Umbrella (just in case something goes wrong and I have to go back to 5.0.1 to keep jailbreak
3) Upgrade to 5.1.1 via iTunes
4) Jailbreak using whatever developer tools are available
5) Go into Cydia and re-acquire all my apps

My only concern lies with PDA Net, since I use the HECK out of my wireless hotspot. Will Cydia allow me to re-download it without having the original code to activate the full version, or do I have to pay for it all over again? The rest of my fonts/themes and other apps are pretty much free, so I am not really all that concerned.
Also, where and how do I find what APT Backup has saved in Cydia? Is there a list of my apps somewhere, or will they simply appear in the "Manage" section?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's been a while sine I was "TeamJB"... I recall in Cydia if you log-in with your account with Cydia, you are able to redownload devious purchases.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded AptBackup which supposedly creates a backup list of Cydia packages on your device, and syncs with iTunes. After installing 5.1.1 you supposedly resync with iTunes and you can restore your packages (which all are redownloaded from Cydia). Hopefully this will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; errors and typos courtesy of iPhone and autocorrect.

Reactions: rich67

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox