Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

17 Posts

Default Jailbreak & Google 2 Step Authentication

Not sure if this has been said before or if it is indeed anything to worry about but.....

I had previously jailbroken my iPhone 4 and I use 2 Step authentication on my Google Mail account.

Following a few issues I had to do a complete restore from new on my phone and whilst I was setting up google authenticator again on my phone I had to log into Google and make a few setting changes.

Under the 2 Step permissions screen Saurik had been set up as a remembered and authorised address (not by me)

This has now been removed, but not sure I'm happy about that, makes you wonder what else goes on you don't know about.

Was only jailbroken for SBSettings, don't think I'll be bothering anymore
    iMore Genius

8,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

i honestly believe you have nothing to worry about. i have not read any horror stories about anything to do with Saurik. very respectable individual and if he were to ever do anything mischievous the jailbreak community would have his head on a platter. there are millions of people that use Cydia too
    iMore Genius

5,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,046 Global Posts

I'm set up with 2-step and never had any permission set that I didn't do myself. In fact, it sometimes makes using Cydia a pain because I have to switch from Cydia to the Authenticator and back, inputting all the right info before the time window closes. (I usually hum the Mission: Impossible theme while doing this.)