Little help with a 3gs jailbreak

luneth

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I'm new in this forum, some friends told me about this forum and I'd love to have some help from you guys!

I just got a 16gb Iphone 3gs (kinda old but it serves the purpose :D)

*I'ts jailbreaked with a custom 4.1 rom.
*06.15.00 baseband
*not a factory unlocked phone.

I want to update to 5.0.1 but I can't do it, Can't find the right tutorial. every single tutorial i found works only for unlocked phones and I think it won't work for me! .. Could someone help me please? I'm stuck! (sorry for my bad english :eek:)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I'm new in this forum, some friends told me about this forum and I'd love to have some help from you guys!

I just got a 16gb Iphone 3gs (kinda old but it serves the purpose :D)

*I'ts jailbreaked with a custom 4.1 rom.
*06.15.00 baseband
*not a factory unlocked phone.

I want to update to 5.0.1 but I can't do it, Can't find the right tutorial. every single tutorial i found works only for unlocked phones and I think it won't work for me! .. Could someone help me please? I'm stuck! (sorry for my bad english :eek:)

I hate to say it my friend, but you can only update to the latest version of firmware as apple doesn't sign the old ones. There is a way around it, but you have to been previously jailboken on that firmware and I'm guessing you haven't been coz you want to get there now. You have to save a file called your SHSH blob file when you are on that firmware. I'm guessing you want 5.0.1 because there is un-tethered jailbreak. You can jailbreak 5.1.1 but it will be tethered, meaning you need a jailbreak utility to boot your phone if the battery dies or if you turn it off. There is going to be a new jailbreak utility for 5.1 & 5.1.1 in 2-4 weeks ish. But I read a tweet from the hacker saying that it doesn't support older devices like the 3GS.

Could you deal with a tethered jailbreak or staying at 4.1, as they are your only options unless you have a saved shsh blob file for 5.0.1.

Hope this helps. ;)

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Since the iphone 3Gs is jailbroken already on 4.1, from what I read it's definitely doable. You can use Tinyumbrella to backup your SHSH blobs. Then, in Cydia at the top of the first screen it will tell you what version(s) of the SHSH blobs are saved. Chances are it says versions 4.1 and higher. Using pwnage tool on Mac or snowbreeze on Windows, you create a customized ipsw of 5.0.1 and then restore via iTunes using the "trick" of having Tinyumbrella up to validate/sign the IPSW so you can update to 5.0.1.

This is how I understand it since the iPhone 3GS is already jailbroken.

reahn

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 3GS with the iPad baseband is an oldbootrom. which is untethered jailbroken for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapapoop

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have the blobs then create a custom 5.0.1 and go

If not wait till 5.1.1 JB is released create file update JB and unlock with ultrasnow fixer then ultrasnow

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

reahn

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
make a custom ipsw for 5.1.1. without shsh blobs. a 3gs with the 6.15.00 bb is the old bootrom. untethered for life. so make a custom ipsw. then, go into pwned dfu and restore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapapoop

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711