SHSH in Cydia Server

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay. What you need to do is get the beta redsn0w (dev team blog ) and follow the instructions there or in the thread I made about it.

Make sure you have both the 5.0.1b AND 5.1.1 firmwares downloaded. You need both to do this.

In short, here's what to do. Open tinyumbrella and click advanced. See where it saved your blobs locally? Use the file browser on your computer to go to that folder. Copy the 5.0.1b shsh blob onto the desktop. Make sure your host file is NOT pointing to Cydia. Next, open the beta redsn0w and go to extras-shsh-verify Select the local shsh you pasted onto the desktop. It should say 19/19 blobs verified and that the ap ticket is present. If you do not have both, stop now. You cannot downgrade.

Next, back up your phone. Then leave it plugged in and go back to redsn0w. Navigate to extras-even more -restore. This is the easy part. Click on the first button and select the 5.0.1b firmware. Then when prompted to, select the 5.1.1 firmware. Next click the button for local blobs and pick the file you copied to the desktop. Then sit back and wait.

You may get a couple errors. I got one at the end, but my phone did reboot successfully and I was downgraded. Good luck!

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Reactions: BreakingKayfabe

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Okay. What you need to do is get the beta redsn0w (dev team blog ) and follow the instructions there or in the thread I made about it.

Make sure you have both the 5.0.1b AND 5.1.1 firmwares downloaded. You need both to do this.

In short, here's what to do. Open tinyumbrella and click advanced. See where it saved your blobs locally? Use the file browser on your computer to go to that folder. Copy the 5.0.1b shsh blob onto the desktop. Make sure your host file is NOT pointing to Cydia. Next, open the beta redsn0w and go to extras-shsh-verify Select the local shsh you pasted onto the desktop. It should say 19/19 blobs verified and that the ap ticket is present. If you do not have both, stop now. You cannot downgrade.

Next, back up your phone. Then leave it plugged in and go back to redsn0w. Navigate to extras-even more -restore. This is the easy part. Click on the first button and select the 5.0.1b firmware. Then when prompted to, select the 5.1.1 firmware. Next click the button for local blobs and pick the file you copied to the desktop. Then sit back and wait.

You may get a couple errors. I got one at the end, but my phone did reboot successfully and I was downgraded. Good luck!

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

I can't thank you enough for this. I'm in the middle of the restore and all seems to be going smooth. I could kiss you :D And I could also kiss Saurik for being wise enough to automatically save our blobs while jailbroken for dummies like myself that didn't even bother to do it on their own.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't thank you enough for this. I'm in the middle of the restore and all seems to be going smooth. I could kiss you :D And I could also kiss Saurik for being wise enough to automatically save our blobs while jailbroken for dummies like myself that didn't even bother to do it on their own.

I'm glad it's going well from you (I also find it sad that I typed that whole thing out from memory, but that's another story). And I do agree--Cydia making my life easier is so, so awesome.

Enjoy the jailbreak!

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I always use tinyumbrella to save SHSH blobs. It will save them all of them possible at the time. Then you know you have them available.

paco87

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

How did you managed to find your blobs? I am one of those dummies that didn't saved them on my own and now I can't find them in Cydia's servers using both TU and redsn0w, although I was jailbroken on 5.0.1. Could it be possible that they weren't saved at all?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How did you managed to find your blobs? I am one of those dummies that didn't saved them on my own and now I can't find them in Cydia's servers using both TU and redsn0w, although I was jailbroken on 5.0.1. Could it be possible that they weren't saved at all?

I found them on TU. I downloaded the latest version that was released. I ran the TSS server and I hit "Save SSH" and it showed me two of my blobs on 5.0.1 that were saved. The one for my old iPhone 4 and my 4S. Let me know if it works. I may have did something else to get them because I recall pressing all kinds of other buttons.

Reactions: paco87

paco87

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I found them on TU. I downloaded the latest version that was released. I ran the TSS server and I hit "Save SSH" and it showed me two of my blobs on 5.0.1 that were saved. The one for my old iPhone 4 and my 4S. Let me know if it works. I may have did something else to get them because I recall pressing all kinds of other buttons.

:D Just what I did. I'll try again and will let you know one thing or the other.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For those that are following my situation, let me give you a nice little reminder. When you backup your
phone on iTunes, make sure you're backing up to the computer and not iCloud. iCloud won't allow you to
access the backups once the phone is on 5.0.1

paco87

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

No dice. I keep getting this message: "CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4S 5.0.1 (9A405) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE." The same message goes for 9A406. I guess I'm screwed. :mad::confused:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No dice. I keep getting this message: "CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4S 5.0.1 (9A405) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE." The same message goes for 9A406. I guess I'm screwed. :mad::confused:

How do you search for those separately? I know I used the query search on redsn0w using my ECID ID and it didn't find anything. Are you doing a manual search on TU?

paco87

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
How do you search for those separately? I know I used the query search on redsn0w using my ECID ID and it didn't find anything. Are you doing a manual search on TU?

Just like you, I used my ECID to do a query search with redsn0w. On TU, I went to advanced and selected Save ALL Available SHSH and Request SHSH From Cydia and the clicked the Save SHSH button. I also ran both programs as administrator. Other than that, I haven't done anything else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox