Hallelujah the downgrade is here!

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, question. If your on stock now, can this method still be used/done to then jailbreak a 4s on 5.1 if it's never been jailbroken before?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, question. If your on stock now, can this method still be used/done to then jailbreak a 4s on 5.1 if it's never been jailbroken before?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Have you saved your blobs and activation ticket manually? (If you have no idea what this means, the answer is no). If not, no, you must wait for the 5.1 jailbreak.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you use IE? It renames the firmware ipsw's to zips. Just redownload them again and change the .zip to .ipsw. Or use a different browser. That should fix the problem.

I'm back to 5.0.1 and back to being jailbroken. I have to reinstall a lot of my Appstore Apps, as some don't want to execute until I reinstall them. Thanks!!!

One thing I do miss about 5.1.1 is the ability to delete from photostream. I thought I saw a Cydia App that povides this ability but now I can't find it. A small price to pay!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm back to 5.0.1 and back to being jailbroken. I have to reinstall a lot of my Appstore Apps, as some don't want to execute until I reinstall them. Thanks!!!

One thing I do miss about 5.1.1 is the ability to delete from photostream. I thought I saw a Cydia App that povides this ability but now I can't find it. A small price to pay!

I'm very glad to hear that! Small issues like you're experiencing can happen when you downgrade, but it looks like it's all working well. Enjoy your jailbroken flavor.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It had been a pain. Almost every app has had to been reinstalled. Boy am I going to be pissed if a jailbreak for 5.1.1 shows up this week. :->

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
LOL. Luckily I saved a special backup from 5.0.1 so all I lost was a month of text messages, but I was lucky that way.

Still, that has to be tedious. :(

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm very glad to hear that! Small issues like you're experiencing can happen when you downgrade, but it looks like it's all working well. Enjoy your jailbroken flavor.

Now I'm screwed again. After hours of reinstalling everything, I was to the very last app -- Pages. I previously has editted the SystemVersion plist so i could install iPhoto and Pages. Both installed, but the Pages icon was nowhere to be found. I went into SBSettings, and low in behold, the icon was turned off. I reactivated it, resprung the device, and then , , , the dreaded endless reboot cycle.

I've tried everything. I can get into DFU mode, but cant manage to boot into safe mode or end the cycle. The iPhone boots, gets to the lock screen, and recycles before I can even type in one or two characters of my password.

This is a day I'll never get back. Unless someone has a fix they cab share, I may be done with jailbreaking. This is the second time I've gone through the same thing.

Emman0702

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I used to be against jailbreaking but I see a lot of my friends having alot of great features and customization been jailbroken so I just started wednesday but I can't do to much of nothing since I'm on 5.1.1 i hope that changed soon I wanna know what is possible with jailbreak and is it worth it

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hehe guys. I know how to restore a 5.1.1 backup on a 5.0.1 iPhone :) hopefully this will make things easier for you guys, but you will need a 5.0.1 backup already in order to do this

When you get to the "restore from backup" page after downgrading, first choose the 5.0.1 backup. Then, iTunes will tell you that there is a newer backup (your 5.1.1/5.1 backups), and just select use newer backup. Normally if you select the 5.1.1 backup at first, iTunes will prompt you how the backup is a newer iOS version, blah blah. But if you use my method itll just skip that message and go straight to restoring

I was able to get all my text messages, apps, everything on my downgraded 5.0.1 iPhone from my 5.1.1 backup. Even the app layout and settings configurations were still the same :)

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm screwed again. After hours of reinstalling everything, I was to the very last app -- Pages. I previously has editted the SystemVersion plist so i could install iPhoto and Pages. Both installed, but the Pages icon was nowhere to be found. I went into SBSettings, and low in behold, the icon was turned off. I reactivated it, resprung the device, and then , , , the dreaded endless reboot cycle.

I've tried everything. I can get into DFU mode, but cant manage to boot into safe mode or end the cycle. The iPhone boots, gets to the lock screen, and recycles before I can even type in one or two characters of my password.

This is a day I'll never get back. Unless someone has a fix they cab share, I may be done with jailbreaking. This is the second time I've gone through the same thing.

Hold the volume up key while booting? This will boot you into safe
Mode and then you can delete that app.

Emman0702

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hehe guys. I know how to restore a 5.1.1 backup on a 5.0.1 iPhone :) hopefully this will make things easier for you guys, but you will need a 5.0.1 backup already in order to do this

When you get to the "restore from backup" page after downgrading, first choose the 5.0.1 backup. Then, iTunes will tell you that there is a newer backup (your 5.1.1/5.1 backups), and just select use newer backup. Normally if you select the 5.1.1 backup at first, iTunes will prompt you how the backup is a newer iOS version, blah blah. But if you use my method itll just skip that message and go straight to restoring

I was able to get all my text messages, apps, everything on my downgraded 5.0.1 iPhone from my 5.1.1 backup. Even the app layout and settings configurations were still the same :)

I noticed I had a backup from December 2010 but i don't know how to take advantage of that :(

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hold the volume up key while booting? This will boot you into safe
Mode and then you can delete that app.

Didn't work. I ended up restoring to 5.1.1 and the re-downgrading and re-jail breaking. I'm still not sure what was screwing things up. My guess is something was causing mobile substrate to crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; Typos courtesy of iPhone.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work. I ended up restoring to 5.1.1 and the re-downgrading and re-jail breaking. I'm still not sure what was screwing things up. My guess is something was causing mobile substrate to crash.

I saw you edited the systemsversion plist. The reboot loop can be caused by editing that plist and not reverting it. If you really need Pages that bad, you may want to stay on 5.1 or later.

You can also try editing the plist, immediately adding pages, then putting the plist back to 5.0.1. That should fix it, but again, editing the systemsversion.plist is very risky.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm following your advice. After installing iPhoto and Pages, I went back into the plist and set it to vers. 5.0.1. Everything is functional now, and I've eliminated some of the tweaks that were cool, but unnecessary. Hopefully this will prove stable.

Emman0702

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to try to get to 5.01 but I'm not doing it until I get instruction on how to cause downgrading sound risky so many errors so much can happens

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You have instruction sufficient in this thread. Make sure you have the shsh blobs saved; Back up; download the ipsw files (5.0.1 and 5.1.1) from the wiki (link above); download redsn0w; run redsn0w' restore ipsw function and follow on-screen ques. When you've downgraded you can jailbreak with either redsn0w or absinthe.

If you screw up, you can use iTunes to restore back to 5.1.1. I had to!

Now all is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; typos courtesy of iPhone and autocorrect.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm following your advice. After installing iPhoto and Pages, I went back into the plist and set it to vers. 5.0.1. Everything is functional now, and I've eliminated some of the tweaks that were cool, but unnecessary. Hopefully this will prove stable.

I'm glad I was able to help. I hope it all works out for you. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh