Unknown ICCID

davelinc

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3gs and am stuck in activation mode on the phone. I was running ios 5.0.1 jailbroken and accidentally updated to 5.1.1. After following advice I jailbroke with Redsnow and ios 5.1. The jailbreak went ok but the cydia icon was white and wouldn't open. Neither would safari and others so I decided to restore to the stock 5.1.1. with itunes. Big mistake. My IMEI numbers shows but the ICCID number is unknown and Itunes says that I dont have a sim insertedI have tried:-
removing/replacing the sim
-restoring/rebooting several times
-downgrading to ios 5.0.1 with ifaith
-using redsnow with 5.1.1, 5.1, and 5.0.1

My baseband is 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2. Is it worth trying to hacktivate my phone or do I have to accept that I'm going to have to fork out cold cash to apple to get it repaired. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3gs and am stuck in activation mode on the phone. I was running ios 5.0.1 jailbroken and accidentally updated to 5.1.1. After following advice I jailbroke with Redsnow and ios 5.1. The jailbreak went ok but the cydia icon was white and wouldn't open. Neither would safari and others so I decided to restore to the stock 5.1.1. with itunes. Big mistake. My IMEI numbers shows but the ICCID number is unknown and Itunes says that I dont have a sim insertedI have tried:-
removing/replacing the sim
-restoring/rebooting several times
-downgrading to ios 5.0.1 with ifaith
-using redsnow with 5.1.1, 5.1, and 5.0.1

My baseband is 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2. Is it worth trying to hacktivate my phone or do I have to accept that I'm going to have to fork out cold cash to apple to get it repaired. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

So, I'm guessing you have tried doing a tethered boot using the extras in Redsn0w. If that doesn't work, some of the other guys may have some ideas. But I would try that first and then if that doesn't work and no one else can come up with any other ideas. You shouldn't have to send off to apple to fix it, a restore should work. Are but I see you have already tried that. So have you tried restoring to factory defaults and just letting iTunes install 5.1.1. another that might be worth checking is where you host file is pointing. ITunes server or Cydia server? Apart from that, I'm out of ideas my friend. If anything every goes wrong for me, I just restore via iTunes. :confused::confused::confused:

Or you could try using SAM to activate, but I'm assuming you can't as you can't access cydia. :confused:

Just had another thought. Have you trying restoring with a custom ISPW created from Sn0wbreeze

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can't restore using the stock ipsw because you have the iPad baseband installed (6.15.00). To restore or update you need to first make a custom ipsw file with that baseband included.

By the way, Apple might not be willing to fix this issue?switching to that baseband is a one-way switch and a sure sign of jailbreaking that you can't ever get rid of.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
i have updated my 3gs iphone with ios 6.0.1 but now it fails to recognise my simcard

This is because before your phone would have been jailbroken and software unlocked. Now where you have updated it has wiped the software which was unlocking your network carrier. Basically your phone is locked to another network.

I/we can help you, but I need to find out what baseband version you have. To find this out, go into settings, general and then about. What does it say next to modem firmware?

I need to establish this before I know which direction to point you in. However either way you are going to have to jailbreak your phone and then install a software unlock. It's not that hard with the right tutorials, which I will point you to.

First of all, please answer the above question?

Also do you know what version of IOS you where on before?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
unlock process of iphone 4s apple

It's not possible. The only way is to purchase an IEMI unlock which can be from ?10 to ?110.

You really need to give us all a little more info than that buddy. What network are you on because if you are in the USA, one of there carriers is quite cheap to unlock. I think it's called AT&T. I'm from the UK, so not that familiar with other countries networks.

moslem makhloufi

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I just bought an Iphone 3GS from eBay. I called T-mobile and manged to unlock it. the problem now is that I can't activate it and also I have an unknown ICCID!!!! I called apple and so far they are unable to help me. also for some reason when I restore the phone with iTunes I get the right IMEI # but when I turn the phone off and then back on I get a different IMEI # !!!! and of course an unknown ICCID. can you please help me figure out what exactly is the problem.
p.s before I actually figure out that I can unlock the phone with T-mobile for free I tried to jailbreak the phone but I don't think I did that the right way. would that be the cause ?

zizam80

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
hi, I'm new to jailbreaking/hacktivate and make me thing even worse... I'm actually new to iphone. anyway, i got this iphone 4 that locked to certain carrier. my question is it possible to jailbreak and unlock my iphone?

these are some info i managed to gather using various software out there (i.e, redsn0w 0.9.15b3, i-Faith 1.5.9, etc)
locked carrier AT&T USA
modem firmware 04.12.09
iOS 7.0.4

please, please, please help. I'm stuck after several attempts to jailbreak/hacktivate. how bad is my situation? is it possible or just plain dead end for me? thanks

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just use [Redacted]
If you want the apps for free, I use them and it works great. Who wants to pay for apps in AppStore ;)

But if you want Cydia and run tweaks for ios7
you have to wait , THere is NO Jb for iPhone 5c and 5s in ios7 yet. But you can Jb in ios7 if you run an iPhone 4 !

Skickas fr?n min IF?N 5S via Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Just use [Redacted]
If you want the apps for free, I use them and it works great. Who wants to pay for apps in AppStore ;)

you have to wait , THere is NO Jb for iPhone 5c and 5s in ios7 yet. But you can Jb in ios7 if you run an iPhone 4 !

Just a fair warning, we don't promote piracy here. http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=170329 Developers work hard to create their apps, least we can do is compensate them for their hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]
Just use [Redacted]

[/WARN]

We are now taking a ZERO TOLERANCE to piracy discussion. Discussions regarding the pirating of video games and/or App Store apps for use on jailbroken iPhones will not and can not be tolerated. Any posts containing links and/or discussion of any pirated material will result in a immediate and permanent ban from iMore forums.

Thanks for understanding.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
[WARN][/WARN]

We are now taking a ZERO TOLERANCE to piracy discussion. Discussions regarding the pirating of video games and/or App Store apps for use on jailbroken iPhones will not and can not be tolerated. Any posts containing links and/or discussion of any pirated material will result in a immediate and permanent ban from iMore forums.

Thanks for understanding.

I'm also 100% against piracy of apps on ALL mobile platforms (iOS, android, windows phone) and will not help anyone with any piracy related posts/questions on any forums.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk