Problem jailbreaking tethered 5.1.1

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the newest redsn0w 0.9.10b8 and ive jailbroken tethered many times, but for some reason my iphone 4 will not go into DFU mode. I go through the steps to enter DFU mode (which ive done a million times before) and redsn0w gets to "waiting to reboot" and the phone never goes into dfu mode, it just reboots.

I have completely restored the phone thru itunes before jailbreaking and checked ifunbox to make sure all the old jailbreak stuff is gone. is anyone else having this problem or knoows how to solve it??

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
This problem is popping up quite a bit. Try using a version down of Redsnow. So try using 0.9.10b7 or b6. Try b7 first. This happened to my friend. It's something to do with the computer and iTunes.

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
My phone would not do the tethered jailbreak on my computer. It said I was missing some driver or something. It did however do it on my sisters computer.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
One problem i came across on my computer, was cyberlink media espresso. Running win7 home pro 64 bit. shut off media espresso and bam it worked. On both devices i jb in my house i got to the spot of putting in dfu, started by holding home and power. once the jb started i let go of power and held home button til my speakers stopped making sounds. then i was home free

kingofny#IM

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
when i run redsn0w 0.9.10b6 or 0.9.11b4 it will identify, go through first stage and second then it will reboot my phone and redsn0w will saying waiting for reboot and just stay there any wont do anything at all.......i am currently running a ip4 with the latest 5.1.1 any insight?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
when i run redsn0w 0.9.10b6 or 0.9.11b4 it will identify, go through first stage and second then it will reboot my phone and redsn0w will saying waiting for reboot and just stay there any wont do anything at all.......i am currently running a ip4 with the latest 5.1.1 any insight?

check to see if you are using the proper iOS downloaded from their site. for some reason i was trying to jb the iPod touch 4th gen with an iPhone os and got the same error.
the firmware can be downloaded here
Firmware - The iPhone Wiki

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The op stated he is on 5.1.1 you need to download the iOS from the redsn0w website and keep it in the same location as redsn0w jailbreak tool. if you download the one for gsm and are trying to jb a cdma iphone you will run into issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2