Springboard crashing, no new apps/tweaks installed recently

stilz420

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help. My springboard, out of nowhere, just started crashing with no apparent reason. Everything I've had, I've had for a while, and as soon as I restart once in safemode, it just resprings immediately to springboard.

Not to mention, when I go to Cydia and into to package - so I can just start uninstalling tweaks/apps, they aren't even listed.

When I go to crash reporter, there are no primary or secondary suspect... The tertiary suspects are weathernotifications and calendarprovider - no clue what either of these are.

Please help before I upgrade to 5.1 and kill myself with a tethered jailbreak. This is a nightmare, I can't have a stock phone - it's so lame!!! I am on an iphone 4 with the latest redsn0w to jailbreak.

Thanks

stilz420

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions - no love

Tried recovery fix - both times, exploit failed.

Did not update anything (aside from my regular apps through the app store). Literally just happened as I was walking down the street yesterday. Springboard crashed, I hit restart, no big deal, and it crashed again as soon as it gets to the lock screen.

It just will not not crash once it gets to the lock screen. I am always in safe mode.

Stvy

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
You have sbsettings I assume? Open sbsettings go to mobile substrate add ons and start turning off things that may be suspect and respring until you get it. I only had a problem like yours once a while ago and doing that made me pinpoint what was causing it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
You have sbsettings I assume? Open sbsettings go to mobile substrate add ons and start turning off things that may be suspect and respring until you get it. I only had a problem like yours once a while ago and doing that made me pinpoint what was causing it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually would start by turning off all mobilesubstrate addons. Then add them back one at a time. That way you will know right away if it will help you or not. Unfortunately, I suspect it might not. :(

Are you sure you haven't deleted any files with iFile or something similar?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Of you had a tweak to one of the app store apps, maybe updating said AppStore app broke something in a tweak...
You should try booting with mobile substrate off... (hold volume up as you restart phone) see if you can boot... Then if that works reboot and see where you end up...
Is it possible to access sbsettings in safe mode??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim