iPhone 4s wont sync apps to folders?

kbphoto615

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mines kid was messing with my darn phone and reset all my settings. After this happened I was stuck in safe mode no matter what I did. Well I uninstalled a bunch of tweaks and got my phone out of safe mode now thank goodness. Only to run into a new problem. Now all my apps are displaced across my phone and no matter how much I backup and sync I cannot get the apps to stay in folders. I re-arrange them on iTunes and on the Phone itself but after the sync process is done in iTunes, all apps are thrown about again all over the home pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am new here and somewhat new to jailbreaking entirely, I hope I am in the right section here and I hope someone can help me out. I am at a loss as to what to do to fix this issue, I have so many apps they all can't even fit on my pages so it's really annoying to have them not stay in folders.. I am on an iPhone 4s 5.0.1 jailbroke with absinthe.

To help explain the problem there is some screenshots below:

photo.png

photo2.png

4-11-20122-50-26PM.jpg

4-11-20122-50-08PM.jpg

And to explain the screenshots, what you're seeing are the iPhone view screenshots, and the iTunes view screenshots. The screenshots from iTunes is what iTunes sees on my iPhone. The screenshots from my iPhone are what actually happens when I sync my phone. I will add apps to folders in iTunes as people normally would, then I 'apply' the changes and sync the phone. As I am syncing the phone, I can physically see iTunes adding the apps randomly across my home pages on the iPhone, not in folders (how I originally arranged them in iTunes)

If you see on screenshot number 2 above, it has some random apps in folders? but on screenshot number 3 ( the itunes view of page 2 ), you can see that iTunes shows no apps in any folders? WTF?? How is this possible? I mean I have a basic understanding of why it doesn't show cracked apps sometimes or tweaks, but I've uninstalled most tweaks.

No matter what I do, restore from backup, re-arrange apps, remove apps, add apps one at a time, it does not add sync the apps properly. It just throws them randomly across my phone, and I have no idea why it's doing this. I had infinidock and infinifolders installed, but I uninstalled them when I ran into this issue, and still the problem persists.

Again any advice would be much appreciated so thank-you in advance to anyone's time and help!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Exploding folders is sadly a know bug, I believe. I've not heard of a solution other than a clean re-install :(

Anyone else had any luck with this?

kbphoto615

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Exploding folders is sadly a know bug, I believe. I've not heard of a solution other than a clean re-install :(

Anyone else had any luck with this?

I think I fixed it actually. What I did was uninstall the two tweaks from Cydia called Bug Fix, duplicate folders & stuck pages. When I uninstalled these, I then rebooted the phone and attempted to sync a few apps in a couple different folders and it worked, synced a few more in a folder, and that worked too. So far I'm slowly but surely adding all my apps again and it is working. Strange how the fixes are all of a sudden causing this issue, but with them uninstalled my phone is working properly again. I have no idea why, but I'll take it! haha

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It really sounds like enough damage was done by the kid to require a full restore. This will take you back to the original operating system, clean up all the settings and eliminate whatever weirdness was introduced.

Plug into iTunes, click restore, and when it's done, re-sync your apps.

Restoring will remove the jailbreak. Problem was solved by uninstalling Bug Fix, duplicate folders & stuck pages. :rolleyes: