Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default iPhone 4 Stable to Use?

Hey guys so I just bought an iPhone 4 for 200 off Craigslist today, but the problem with it is that it has a distorted LCD, like all of the past images you view on there leave a shadow of it and the colors are sorta funky. Ok so when I tried to hacktivate it (don't have micro at&t sim atm) by jailbreaking it with redsn0w, it hacktivated, but then the Wifi, Bluetooth, and Baseband were grayed out. The Bluetooth address also just had a bunch of 0's. So I tried resetting the network settings.. no use. I tried wiping all data and resetting. It didn't really work so I put it in DFU mode and tried to restore it back to iOS 5.1, but I kept getting the message 'Cannot restore iPhone error (-1).' Then it'd get stuck in a recovery boot loop right after. I tried to kick it out of recovery with Tiny Umbrella, but then it went back into recovery after. Finally, I used redsn0w to kick it out of recovery and it worked and set itself back up as a new iPhone. So my question now is if it's stable to use since it seems that the baseband is corrupt? Should I not try to hacktivate again and just find somebody with a micro sim to activate with? Or should I just sell it on Craigslist again? If it is worth keeping, should I try to call Apple Care to see if they can replace my phone/screen? I'm not sure if this phone still has warranty either. Please help. Thanks!
    Last edited by monkeydodo3; 04-09-2012 at 01:13 AM.