iPhone 3GS iOS 5.1 Jailbreak Redsn0w problem. Please help...

Toothpick134

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
So... Ive been previously jailbroken on iOS 4 and recently I decided to upgrade to ios 5.1 and after i did so there was a few problems with the no service lots of people got but i managed to fix it and on of the last steps i got told to do in a video is to 'Just Boot' (tethered boot) in Redsn0w... This would fix the fact that after jailbreaking with redsn0w cydia and safari would not open... Now.. I did that just boot thing... for many people this worked and in fact for me it did too... Safari works and cydia does too but only until i turn my iphone off and on again.. then i keep getting the same problem.. cydia and safari wont turn on... Now i can keep just booting every time i restart my iphone but as you can understand that can become a pain... especially if I don't have my PC nearby... I was hoping anyone might have some ideas? Thanks it would mean alot :)

Thanks,
Patrick

If it helps i will attach a video of how to fix that problem but as I said it fixes only until i restart the iphone...
How to: Boot tethered in ios5 and Unlock iPhone *after* "No Service" problem - YouTube

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So... Ive been previously jailbroken on iOS 4 and recently I decided to upgrade to ios 5.1 and after i did so there was a few problems with the no service lots of people got but i managed to fix it and on of the last steps i got told to do in a video is to 'Just Boot' (tethered boot) in Redsn0w... This would fix the fact that after jailbreaking with redsn0w cydia and safari would not open... Now.. I did that just boot thing... for many people this worked and in fact for me it did too... Safari works and cydia does too but only until i turn my iphone off and on again.. then i keep getting the same problem.. cydia and safari wont turn on... Now i can keep just booting every time i restart my iphone but as you can understand that can become a pain... especially if I don't have my PC nearby... I was hoping anyone might have some ideas? Thanks it would mean alot :)

Thanks,
Patrick

If it helps i will attach a video of how to fix that problem but as I said it fixes only until i restart the iphone...
How to: Boot tethered in ios5 and Unlock iPhone *after* "No Service" problem - YouTube

The 5.1 jailbreak is a tethered jailbreak. So what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. It is actually in a "semi-tethered" state, meaning when you restart your phone, without booting it tethered, you can still use your phone... But not safari or mail, or any jailbroken apps/tweaks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711