Jailbroken iPhone 4s ringtone issue

jpinn

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody, I am new to the forum here and am having one small problem with my jailbroken iPhone 4s
I would like to have a custom ringtone for certain contacts, but it only uses the default.
This happens to the built in ringtones and not just ones I have created.
It will use another ringtone if I change the default, but not for individuals.
I am running iOS 5.0.1
Thanks for any help

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm only on a 4, but I'm
On 5.0.1 and can apply individual ringtones...
Have you restarted your phone? Or tried to apply ringtones in safe mode to make sure that it's not an incompatible tweak issue?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen from time to time when jailbroken. Running iWipe (which resulted in Respring) generally would fix issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpinn

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I tried iwipe and was unsuccessful. I did however get it working in safe mode, therefore an app is causing this. The following are my installed apps.
activator, bitesms, folderenhancer, iBlacklist, iFile, Installous 4, SBSettings
Could any of these be the issue?
Thanks again for the help.

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure if I understand what you are saying....So you have already created the ringtones right? Have you dropped them into the ringtones folder through iTunes? For all my ringtones I created them through mxyer.com (online/computer) and converted them to the iPhone format. Save them to the computer; drag and drop into the ringtone folder, sync and youre done! Hope this helps...

Last edited:

jpinn

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
somehow it fixed itself.
The problem was not about ringtones itself.
It was about assigning any ringtone to a contact and it only playing whatever the system def was

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you that it was a compatibility problem with iblacklist, glad it sorted itself out... Just always make sure you are running latest version of apps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner