Pandora Downloader

iam1021

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
he had some connection, that is a must, being on a mac you should get i funbox, its free and will give you root acess to the phone via the apple sync cable, so no need to fuss with actual ssh... then yes you drag and drop the files from the pdownloader folder on your phone to your mac, then convert to mp3 (even though it is in mp3 format) then you can load into itunes

Good looking it worked

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just found prometheus in Cydia this morning that is supposed to import the Pandora Downloader songs to the Music.app. It needs to have Mewseek and Mewseek import enabler installed, but I have done those and it's still missing dependencies. Is anyone else trying this?

EDIT: Ok.... Forget the Prometheus app for now. If you want to import the songs to the music.app on the phone you just need Mewseek Import Enabler and iFile. Copy/cut the songs from the Pandora folder to the var/mobile/downloads folder and open Mewseek, resync, then import. I use Track 8 and they are showing up there.

y8ehugy7.jpg

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Massie..so to install this, would I use a program like iFunBox or d/l directly onto the phone?

If iFunBox, where would I transfer this app to?

sorry for the questions, i'm trying to get this loaded onto my daughters 3GS that I just J/B's last night, but the Cydia links for PD do not work.

Ta...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's another tutorial on how I install .deb files...
1. Get ifile
2. Download the .deb
3. Open the .deb in ifile, select the box that says install....
4. Respring (for good measure)
5. Enjoy!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's another tutorial on how I install .deb files...
1. Get ifile
2. Download the .deb
3. Open the .deb in ifile, select the box that says install....
4. Respring (for good measure)
5. Enjoy!

This is actually how I install a lot of mine, but if you want to save the .deb for later (in case you want to revert after a crappy update or something) you should download it somewhere else first instead of only using iFile (which I don't think keeps an intact copy). There are plenty of apps that can do it, of course, including legit App Store apps.

iFile is also great for dealing with theme installation--which so often are found online as .zip files--as well as a million other little things. Definite home screen app for me.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I use iFile on both my device and on my desktop computer... (edit.. not iFile on my desktop. but iFunBox).. sorry for the mistake...

I like the idea of saving the .deb file for a later install if need be..if I could save a complete copy of most of my apps that would be great.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree and use iFile and iFunBox... Essential tools for themers and otherwise.

I like the idea of saving .deb files but I always considered it inconvenient. You can get them if you use cydia but it's a bit convoluted a process.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
so for the apps that we've downloaded from Cydia, is there a way to save these / back them up in case any of these apps decide to go the way of Pandora Downloader?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
so for the apps that we've downloaded from Cydia, is there a way to save these / back them up in case any of these apps decide to go the way of Pandora Downloader?

There is a few versions of a tweak called debian saver. One can send saved deb files straight to your Dropbox account.

Or when you select a package from Cydia after it installs, when it says "respring" or "reboot device" or "return to Cydia" you can simply press the home button, then use ifile and navigate to where Cydia package install to and make a copy, then save that copy somewhere safe...
I highly recommend Debian saver though, it's automated and SIMPLE!!!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The key is you have to save it when it's installed. You can reinstall and save then, but many debs for free tweaks can also be downloaded online.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
There is a few versions of a tweak called debian saver. One can send saved deb files straight to your Dropbox account.

Or when you select a package from Cydia after it installs, when it says "respring" or "reboot device" or "return to Cydia" you can simply press the home button, then use ifile and navigate to where Cydia package install to and make a copy, then save that copy somewhere safe...
I highly recommend Debian saver though, it's automated and SIMPLE!!!

I don't see that app on Cydia... :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234