Trouble after un-jailbreaking iphone 4

bg284

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought an iphone 4 locked to a Vodafone UK network which had an tethered jailbreak on 5.1 and came with cydia on it.

I'm not sure what Modem Firmware it was before that, but apparently I've inadvertently updated it. Right now it's
iPhone version 5.1 (9B176)
Modem Firmware (04.12.01)

I bought it thinking I knew enough about it to restore it to an un-jailbroken state. When I restored it to factory settings using iTunes, the jailbreak seemed gone but since then I've been unable to use my legit vodafone microSIM on it. It recognises the vodafone SIM but just refuses to pick up a signal. The bars are all flat. When I insert the vodafone SIM on another vodafone iphone, it picks up the signal alright.

Please help as I've spent a sum on it for me and this has practically ruined my holiday.

Thanks!

Last edited:

bg284

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i don't know. because i bought it on ebay.

at first, i thought it was a hardware problem. When I contacted the seller, he said it was my fault for wiping the phone and resetting the basebands?

wiqionline

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
crap....
you have brick your iphone bb. why didn't you preserve before updating to latest iOS? now just wait for the new unlockable.
I think now Apple stopped signing 5.0.1 for downgrade your baseband.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2