Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Some apps immediately switch to background in jailbroken iOS 5.1

Hello everyone,

I recently jailbroke my iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.1 with the latest March 7th, 2012 jailbreak via redsn0w. All went well, and Cydia works, I installed some apps, etc. One of the apps I tried to use was the UIKit based terminal. When I tap it on the Springboard, the app attempts to load, I see a keyboard, and then immediately I'm thrown back to the Springboard home screen. The app is still running and I have to manually close it, but trying to switch back to the app just causes it to jump to the background again.

This is one of only a few apps that is doing this (dTunes is also behaving this way). Other jailbroken apps like Cydia, AppInfo, and ParkMe work just fine.

So, #1. Does anyone know what might be wrong? and if not... #2, is there some logging or something that I can turn on to diagnose this myself? I'm a software engineer, so I'd like to use this as an excuse to learn more about iOS internals. I should also mention that OpenSSH is installed, and I can connect from a laptop without any trouble (changed the root password). Any ideas? Thanks.

iMore Genius

3,044 Posts

The terminal package is outdated, stopped working back in ios 4 days... You red to get another
    Mobile terminal. Probably the same for your other apps