Unlock Verizon iPhone 4s for T Mobile

iTax

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I did a search, but still don't have a clear answer. Can I unlock Verizon iPhone 4s so that it can be used in TMobile network?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon iPhones can not be used with SIMs from US GSM providers. They can only be unlocked to use SIMs from non-US providers.

It may work if you got a Tmobile SIM from Europe...

Reactions: mcaspe1 and iTax

alexis7244

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

bleaknik

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The Gevey Ultra S unlock for the iPhone 5.0, 5.1 works with the Verizon iPhone 4S, but I'm going to warn you--it's pretty sketchy. When you reboot your phone and/or lose signal and try to renegotiate a lease onto the network, it takes several minutes (like upwards of 5 in most cases) to connect. Also, when you reboot your phone, it prompts you to Accept their license agreement like 30 times before it does anything--and once it actually believes that you accept the license agreement, you have to wait for it to actually connect.

I do not recommend this device. It's pretty hacky. I only recommend it if you REALLY know what you're doing, and you REALLY like pain. That said, it does work with TMo most of the time once it's connected.

One other thing: Picture messaging. The iPhone doesn't see to keep your cellular data APN and MMS server settings with the Gevey installed. The instructions for changing these values manually means that you have to reboot your phone at the end of the process--and the reboot resets these values. Picture messaging does not work as a result.

Also, Tmo 3g/4g data is restricted in most areas of the nation to the 1700 Mhz bands, which the iPhone 4S does not support this spectrum--it only works on the 1900 Mhz bands. Not a big deal for me, but something of which to be aware.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon iPhones can not be used with SIMs from US GSM providers. They can only be unlocked to use SIMs from non-US providers.

It may work if you got a Tmobile SIM from Europe...

Actually now they can with a r-sim iii it cost around 15 bucks

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually now they can with a r-sim iii it cost around 15 bucks

I've heard of those... but also seen lots of issues with it as well. If one wants an iPhone on Tmobile now, they'd be better off starting with an unlocked AT&T phone than trying to mess with a Verizon one... or, just wait until Tmobile gets their own iPhone... rumors are it's coming.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've heard of those... but also seen lots of issues with it as well. If one wants an iPhone on Tmobile now, they'd be better off starting with an unlocked AT&T phone than trying to mess with a Verizon one... or, just wait until Tmobile gets their own iPhone... rumors are it's coming.

Ya I'm sure if you have a choice what phone to start I would start with a factory unlocked one myself lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods