Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Re: Use PC Internet over IPhone via USB Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Rameen Alizai View Post
    thanks it worked for me
    proof this actually works!
    AND that this thread truly is a zombie!
    iPhone Nanite

it didn't work for me
    i did everything as u said but nothing
    i have 3gs ios 6.0.1 ,bb 5.13.04 , win7
    when i click ( login ) it login normal and show me new 2 windows "terminal" + "SFTP"
    but when i try to use safari it show me this message ("Safari cannot open the page because your iphone is not connected to the internet.")
    can u tell me why it didn't work?
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by AsOTrak View Post
    it didn't work for me
    i did everything as u said but nothing
    i have 3gs ios 6.0.1 ,bb 5.13.04 , win7
    when i click ( login ) it login normal and show me new 2 windows "terminal" + "SFTP"
    but when i try to use safari it show me this message ("Safari cannot open the page because your iphone is not connected to the internet.")
    can u tell me why it didn't work?
    because your phone wasnt connected to the internet...

do you have internet in your house? cuz this setup supposedly gives your phone an internet connection by using your home internet
    Thanked by:
    AsOTrak (12-20-2012)
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    because your phone wasnt connected to the internet...

do you have internet in your house? cuz this setup supposedly gives your phone an internet connection by using your home internet
    sure i have internet at my pc , my carrier disactivated 3G and i put APN configs maybe this is the problem
    or the problem is the IP , bcuz when i click "USB Tunnel" in IFunBox show me IP ("127.0.0.1") not as the topic's example (192.168.1.3, or 10.10.1.5)
    my carrier APN settings
    please give me a solution
    & thanks man
    Last edited by AsOTrak; 12-20-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Use PC Internet over IPhone via USB Cable

127.0.0.1 is a loop back ip address. So it appears as if you aren't really set up
    Correctly.
    Also this isn't my thread or my tutorial, I have spent the vast majority of my time and messages in this thread openly mocking the originator, and those like yourself trying to use this!
    Sorry dude.
    I suggest you try to message the OP, or any of the others that have claimed this works.
    Thanked by:
    AsOTrak (12-20-2012)
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #56  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

@3cit if you are not able to help out people then you must not be there. see the thread still alive
    @AsOtrak you could be missing something as instructed. Re ensure you have installed OpenSSH and ssl into your idevice.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,863 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

127.0.0.1 is a loop back ip address. So it appears as if you aren't really set up
    Correctly.
    Also this isn't my thread or my tutorial, I have spent the vast majority of my time and messages in this thread openly mocking the originator, and those like yourself trying to use this!
    Sorry dude.
    I suggest you try to message the OP, or any of the others that have claimed this works.
    Why would u want this lol isn't this what routers are for ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Does nobody bother to read threads anymore before posting?

I have been nothing short of obnoxious for the entire life of this thread. The thread that gave us the RIDICULOUS concept of tethering your phone to your Internet connection through a computer, so you can use the Internet on the phone, WHILST SITTING AT YOUR INTERNET ENABLED COMPUTER!
    The thread that has introduced me to an "electro-sensitive" man, who knows THOUSANDS of other electro-sensitives, who live everyday of their life in abject pain and misery because of all the wireless signals surrounding us....
    So no, I'm "not there" and no I'm not interested in actually helping people achieve this lunacy! However i always point them back to the o. p. and I always answer the questions they ask.
    And I'm still firm in the issue that this is useless!
    It's as useless as a used piece of toilet paper
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #59  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Does nobody bother to read threads anymore before posting?

I have been nothing short of obnoxious for the entire life of this thread. The thread that gave us the RIDICULOUS concept of tethering your phone to your Internet connection through a computer, so you can use the Internet on the phone, WHILST SITTING AT YOUR INTERNET ENABLED COMPUTER!
    The thread that has introduced me to an "electro-sensitive" man, who knows THOUSANDS of other electro-sensitives, who live everyday of their life in abject pain and misery because of all the wireless signals surrounding us....
    So no, I'm "not there" and no I'm not interested in actually helping people achieve this lunacy! However i always point them back to the o. p. and I always answer the questions they ask.
    And I'm still firm in the issue that this is useless!
    It's as useless as a used piece of toilet paper
    you seem to be more interested than others
    you login daily for reading new posts on this thread and to answer any question. If it's really useless thread, you would have ignored at a glance very first time.... but you are responding "regularly"
    Anyways this is for the people who cannot surf internet on iphone while having internet at home but in pc. May they use iphone for updating apps directly from cydia or appstore. playing online games with game center account. very handy for keeping the record of emails coming into iphone. And also they can use viber for sending and receiving sms without any cost or can make calls through viber and skype also. now if you really dont want all these things because you have active wifi connection, please keep away from this stuff.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Here's a tutorial.

Get a bike.
    Tie a bungee chord to the handle bars and tie the other end to the trailer hitch on your car.

Now you can have someone drive the car to where you want go, but you can say that you rode your bike to get there.

If you are tethered to your computer you can use ifunbox to install cydia packagesOr itunes to update your AppStore apps.
    You can also save your email messages from, oh I don't know, YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT. and maybe there's a way to message people from your email, I think I've heard of some crazy workaround score where you can message somebody's mobile device from your email account. Maybe it's crazy hard though, like knowing the phone number or address...
    And as i said, maybe in my first or second post, a wireless router is a one time purchase of like 15 dollars!
    As for my logging in and replying, I'm active at imore, in particular the jailbreak section. So yeah i log in and reply.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

As for my logging in and replying, I'm active at imore, in particular the jailbreak section. So yeah i log in and reply.
    you are recommended to please stay away from a useless thread and replying odd suggestions.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by wiqionline View Post
    you are recommended to please stay away from a useless thread and replying odd suggestions.
    Perhaps you can write another useless tutorial on how I can accomplish staying away from this useless thread.
    Make sure it includes at least 3 different programs and a complicated setup.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #63  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Make sure it includes at least 3 different programs and a complicated setup.
    lol
    iMore Intermediate

Here's a tutorial.

Get a bike.
    Tie a bungee chord to the handle bars and tie the other end to the trailer hitch on your car.

Now you can have someone drive the car to where you want go, but you can say that you rode your bike to get there.

If you are tethered to your computer you can use ifunbox to install cydia packagesOr itunes to update your AppStore apps.
    You can also save your email messages from, oh I don't know, YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT. and maybe there's a way to message people from your email, I think I've heard of some crazy workaround score where you can message somebody's mobile device from your email account. Maybe it's crazy hard though, like knowing the phone number or address...
    And as i said, maybe in my first or second post, a wireless router is a one time purchase of like 15 dollars!
    My favorite thread ever.

I remember doing something similar back in '02 when I had a PocketPC that had no wireless. It was mildly amusing for about five minutes, until I realized how ridiculous it really was. It was more enjoyable to get it working than it was to use it afterward.

Fast-foward a decade later, it is amazing to me that anybody would bother going through the trouble of doing this. There are simply to many other solutions, ALL of them easier to do, that will enable you to connect your iPhone to the internet WITHOUT any cables...
    iPhone Nanite

I've got two iphones that have busted Wifi receivers and will not detect wifi at all. Ive been looking for information of this sort for a couple months now and am very glad to finally see it.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JEWBANKER View Post
    I've got two iphones that have busted Wifi receivers and will not detect wifi at all. Ive been looking for information of this sort for a couple months now and am very glad to finally see it.
    again, why are you using your iphone to do whatever it is you are doing, when you can just use the damn computer your attached to?

Global Posts
    11,656 Global Posts
    iOS Version

again, why are you using your iphone to do whatever it is you are doing, when you can just use the damn computer your attached to?
    Makes too much sense.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Makes too much sense.
    i feel as if this is my bridge, and im its troll! i cannot leave this thread alone even though i know it no good for me!
    iPhone Nanite

Because I can't run iOS apps on my computer.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #70  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JEWBANKER View Post
    Because I can't run iOS apps on my computer.
    Makes too much sense.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Bwa ha ha ha ha

I see what you did there...
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Miles91Collins View Post
    Here I describe step by step process to share PC's internet to your iPhone over USB data cable.
    troll, find your own bridge.
    this is mine
    iPhone Nanite

unable to use internet on my iphone after doing all these things ...

after doing all these things
    connection established
    and finally a new window and one Bitvise xterm terminal is opened automatically bt cant use internet on my iphone 4 5.1.1v
    iPhone Nanite

and also tell me what to write in host (bitvise profile setting)...
    iPhone Nanite

i dont knw whether others need this thread or not ...
    bt i really need it...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast