Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

Default A5 can be downgraded from iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1

The developer of Sn0wbreeze - iH8sn0w managed to downgrade an iPad 2 from iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1. No word yet when it will be public but a big step in the right direction. This guy is a genius!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Saw this last night. Very good news for people wanting to be able to downgrade.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

i would love to see this out now. want to go back to 5.01 before selling my iPad to my buddy so he can jailbreak too.
    iPhone 5 16gb, iPad 3 32gb WiFi, iMac 21.5" Intel i3, iPod 20gb 2nd Gen
    iMore Intermediate

Yeah, and 5.1 can be jailbroken on the new iPad, too. Doesn't mean we'll see either anytime soon

I've never been in the position to really need anything before its released in its own good time - except for this time. My 4s started acting up the day that Apple stopped signing 5.0.1 due to corrupted iCloud data. My iTunes account is now in "troubleshooting" mode for Apple's engineering team - hopefully it will get fixed in the next couple of days since my wife washed the slip of paper that had my password written on it...

The phone is somewhat crippled until I can restore it, but I don't want to give up the jailbreak.