HELP PLEASE!! 3GS won't work after cydia and upgrade

sarahmc1983

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new to the forum but in need of help.

I've got an iphone 3gs. I had the phone unlocked and used it with vodafone (i'm not sure what the original network but was sure it was orange). I also had cydia installed at the same time. The software it was on was 4.1.0.
I have just upgraded the phone to the newest 5.1 software as I bought an orange sim card and thought that it would just revert back to original network but not the phone is completley locked and won't let me do anything. I've been told now that I shouldn't have upgraded it with the cydia on.

I would just like to be able to use my phone again, on the orange network at 4.3.2 or above and I'm not bothered about it being jailbroken anymore.
Please help how to do this

Thanks
Sarah:confused::confused:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The answer depends on how it was unlocked in the first place. Do you happen to know if it was using the "iPad baseband" method of unlocking?

sarahmc1983

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
i'm not sure to be honest.

I've just tried to put the old firmware back on it 4.1.0 and when i've plugged it into itunes its just saying sim card not installed and the screen says to plug into itunes and it won't do anything.
I've plugged it into redsnow and it shows it now as iphone3gs 4.1. I thought it must be in recovery mode but it's not so not sure what to do now to make it recognise the phone again!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The reason I ask is this: if your phone was unlocked by installing the iPad baseband, you won't be able to update or restore normally; you'll have to use a program to make a custom version of the software that your phone can use. If you can see "modem firmware" or "baseband" listed anywhere, what is the number? If its 6.15.00, you have an iPad baseband.

Alternatively, you could try using Recovery Fix in redsn0w to see if that at least gets your phone usable again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2