The decision

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Been getting pretty terrible battery life on my iPhone 4 that's jail broken on 5.0.1 want to restore but afraid of 5.1 since the jailbreak is tethered what should I do make shsh blobs and restore ? Any suggestions?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm afraid you missed the boat of saving your SHSH blobs. not much you can do now

*stay jailbroken and try to resolve whatever issues you are experiencing

*update to 5.1 and go with a tethered JB and or wait for the untethered

Note: keep in mind if you are forced to restore you will have no choice but to update to 5.1

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought you could use iFaith to save the SHSH for the firmware the device is running, even if Apple isn't signing it anymore? (Though if I'm wrong about that, then BLiNK is right and it's too late to do anything else.)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yep, Massie is correct. i just confirmed with @iH8sn0w via twitter and this is correct

@iH8sn0w can SHSH blobs only be saved when Apple is signing the desired firmware? or can they be saved anytime. tia!

They can also be dumped from the device if its running the desired firmware.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Been getting pretty terrible battery life on my iPhone 4 that's jail broken on 5.0.1 want to restore but afraid of 5.1 since the jailbreak is tethered what should I do make shsh blobs and restore ? Any suggestions?

download iFaith and read up how to use it, then you should be set to Restore and re-JB. and i would probably Restore as New just to be safe

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods