new iphone 4S

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Getting a new iPhone 4S shipped to me this morning. Any opinion on whether I should jailbreak it out of the box with the iOS 5.0 or should I just upgrade to 5.1 without jailbreak. I know the iOS 5.0 added many features I used to jailbreak for.. but obviously not everything . Let me know your opinion.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is your call, my friend. Personally, I have no desire or need to jailbreak and my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S are working smoothly and without issues with iOS 5.1.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can give you my opinion but it might not necessarily be the right reasons for you. I JB my 4S because I wanted more customization beyond what iOS has to offer. That said, you could always run stock on the current iOS version and see if you are ok with it. If you aren't you can always JB, if you are, then go ahead and update to iOS 5.1. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Irish... can I ask what's jail broken apps you use on yours? I'm still having a hard time deciding but I think I'm leaning towards jailbreak because its probably going to take them several months again to find a new untethered for the 4S.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Irish... can I ask what's jail broken apps you use on yours? I'm still having a hard time deciding but I think I'm leaning towards jailbreak because its probably going to take them several months again to find a new untethered for the 4S.

I have almost 50, so I can't name them all. ;) However, these are just a few that I have:

SBSetting
PdaNet
iFile
FullLock Camera
AdBlocker
Siri Assist Extensions
Clock Hide
BiteSMS
Full Screen Safari
HepticPro
Iconoclasm
Infinifolders
Shrink (icons)
Hide Battery on status Bar
Transparent Dock
Invisible folders
2 - 3 different themes and icon packages
and the list goes on..... :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

4sid

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I think you should jailbreak but that's, well, just my opinion. I don't see the need to upgrade to iOS 5.1 right now, and I am happy with my jailbroken 4S running iOS 5.0.1

Like IRISH said above, there are tonnes of amazing Cydia apps available when you jailbreak your device. :D

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I find that most people don't think they want a jailbreak, until they actually jailbreak. I would say, jailbreak your phone and give it a try, if you dont like it you can always restore to stock.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
jailbreaking is definitely not for everyone. you have to like to tinker and explore your device. probably not a good decision for a simpleton

I would say, jailbreak your phone and give it a try, if you dont like it you can always restore to stock.

agreed

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner