Play Spotify while surfing ...

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, I can't get Spotify to play in the background? I'm using Backgrounder for it but it still cuts off when I leave the app after enabling the background. It's driving me bonkers ...

Running iPhone4 on 5.0.1

TIA,
Scarlet

P.S. I searched the forums first but didn't find the answer ;).

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
try disabling backgrounder completely from Spotify?

Spotify natively should be playing after you leave the app until you pause it or the playlist ends

Reactions: 3under2

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
try disabling backgrounder completely from Spotify?

Spotify natively should be playing after you leave the app until you pause it or the playlist ends

Okay! Deleted Backgrounder completely. I really don't even use it since it became more or less part of the ios. Spotify now backgrounding flawlessly. Also installed the NowListening tweak you suggested and LOVING it!
I never really got into Pandora. Should I check it out? Been using Spotify since it was Beta (it started in Sweden where I live). If I do try Pandors I'll have to go via VPN to make it work ... Any other radio streaming apps I should try?

Thanks for the suggestions and help :).

Scarlet

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ahhh, Pandora is not available for you guys over there.. personally Pandora is all i use so i am not sure about other streaming apps

i love Spotify. i have been using a combination of Pandora and Spotify heavily. when listening to Pandora i will hear a song i used to like or something new, then hop onto Spotify and sync that song and or the whole album. this is why i feel the premium service is worth the $

my Spotify playlists are growing-and-growing!

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Tunein so will try that one in the meantime. There is a vpn service I was thinking about signing up for, but would only really use it for Pandora so I don't know if it's worth the cost. We already have American DirecTV via a Slingbox service so don't need the vpn for that either ... I'm feeling rather geeky right now with all my gadgetry :).

I <3 Spotify. So worth the premium cost to get the offline syncing :).

Thanks for your inputs!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the hacker inside me wonders where exactly Spotify stores their synced music. but i'm sure it's not as easy as finding the containing file-drag & drop. hmmm..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73