Bye bye FaceTime

ladyfinesse08

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
hi, so I have an iPad 2 that I've jailbroken. since the jailbreak my FaceTime app and I booth app have totally disappeared. This is something I'd be able to live its however it seems as though some file or so,etching was deleted and my iPad no longer has access to the front facing camera. The only time I can use it for anything is during skype. All other times there is just no button, switch or anything to use to activate it. Any and all help would really be appreciated.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
hi, so I have an iPad 2 that I've jailbroken. since the jailbreak my FaceTime app and I booth app have totally disappeared. This is something I'd be able to live its however it seems as though some file or so,etching was deleted and my iPad no longer has access to the front facing camera. The only time I can use it for anything is during skype. All other times there is just no button, switch or anything to use to activate it. Any and all help would really be appreciated.

Your only option is most likely to restore the device, at this point thats going to put you on 5.1 which at this time can not be jailbroken. Perhaps there is something the jailbreakers can help you out with further.

Reactions: ladyfinesse08

ladyfinesse08

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll most likely just suck it up. Wuld rather keep jailbreak any day over FaceTime or front facing camera. I guess I'll just have to stick with using my iPhone for FaceTime or just using Skype. (preferred method of video chat) as most my friends and family don't have iStuff

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
First thing to do is double check your Restrictions in Settings>General and make sure FaceTime hasn't been restricted there, which would hide the icon. Also in Settings, make sure Settings>FaceTime is set to On. If that isn't it, read on.

I'm not sure what "I Booth" is? But for FaceTime, sometimes after a jb the icon goes missing but you can often still find the actual application by using the Spotlight search (the screen to the left of the home screen).

I've also heard you can use the Capabilities>Telephony section of Springtomize to help get your icon back but have never used that feature myself.

Reactions: ladyfinesse08

ladyfinesse08

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you sooooo much. I had springtomize installed. Turned it off and everything came back (hadn't realized it but my contacts app was missing too). Tinkered around with the settings and and turned on telephony and all those other capabilities. Now everything is back. Yay!!!:D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73